Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Disabling emissions and setting readiness USA M5.9 OBD2 VR6  (Read 8131 times)
vwnut8392

I've been toying with my MK2 VR6 again and getting all of the faults for emissions related parts that i removed. i have no SAI, EGR, or downstream oxygen sensor. i've been using the european M3.8.3 OBD2 VR6 OLS file to track down everything i need. I did run sucessfully run the M3.8.3 file in the USA M5.9  VR6 ECU but my car was NOT happy about the file as it would stall sometimes while driving and the timing just seemed all out of whack. i would not suggest running the M3.8.3 file in the USA M5.9 ECU. anyhow these are my findings.

EGR diagnostic on/off-CDARGF-0X8951
TF-diagnosis on/off-CDAGRT-0x895B
Downstream oxygen sensor diagnostics on/off-CDLSH-0x8AE9
Upstream oxygen sensor diagnostics on/off-CDLSV-0x8A09
CAT in OBD2 mode diagnostics on/off-CDKAT-0x89B4
Tank vent diagnostics on/off-CDTES-0x8A56
Codeword DASE off (EURO-coding)-CDSWE-0x819C
Codeword lambda probe aging diagnosis (tv) in OBD mode-CDLATV-0x816A
Codeword lambda probe aging diagnosis (TP) in OBD mode-CDLATP-0x816B
Codeword lambda probe aging diagnosis (SHK) in OBDII mode-CDLASH-0x816C

If someone would like to double check these that would be great. im going to try them in my GTI later today and see what faults go away.

The only 2 i havnt found at all yet are
EGR on/off-CWAGR
Euro-Byte for DVL Adaption-CDDVLA

There may be others and i have a feeling there is somewhere in this ECU to set the readiness itself but i havnt started searching for it yet.

The file im using is 021906259N as this seems to be the most commonly used revision of this ECU by tuners.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 09:58:19 PM »

Do you have a link to the .ols? I'd like to take a look. What adapter/settings are you using to read/write? I have a gq4x with the correct adapter but can't figure out what settings in the software to use. I mostly used to flash 800bb's and 95040's before the days of cool tools..

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
vwnut8392

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 01:33:55 PM »

an OLS file doesnt exist as far as i know, ive searched for it for a long time. this version of motronic is designed for the USA market cars only, the european cars that where OBD2 ran on M3.8.3 which doesnt have the readiness measurements in its file at all, just the same OBD capabilities as our cars US market cars. all of this info i figured out was done comparing M5.9 from early 1.8T files. all of the same data is there it is offset differently. thats the hard way to do it but its the only way to do it with this version of motronic. i use a GQ4X as well and the adapter i use to do the plcc44 chip is ADP-015 from MCUmall.com. using that adapter you shouldnt have to change any settings, just drop the chip in the adapter, put the adapter in the burner, pick the chip your using and burn. simple as that.

Do you have a link to the .ols? I'd like to take a look. What adapter/settings are you using to read/write? I have a gq4x with the correct adapter but can't figure out what settings in the software to use. I mostly used to flash 800bb's and 95040's before the days of cool tools..
vwaudiguy

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 08:11:24 PM »

I believe picking the chip type was the part I couldn't figure out. There weren't any options in the software that matched the stampings on the actual chip.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Mechsoldier

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 05:26:45 AM »

Back from the dead, so if I'm correct on this one, I should be able to use this file for any OBD2 vr, and then disable the noted bytes based on what equipment the car does or does not have, or just enable Euro mode to kill some or all of them right?

Now, that's not going to kill the resistance test based dtc for the components missing right? So I'll need to put resistors in line with certain ECM harness wires, or how do I go about finding the DTC to disable those themselves?

k0mpresd

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 10:18:55 PM »

Back from the dead, so if I'm correct on this one, I should be able to use this file for any OBD2 vr, and then disable the noted bytes based on what equipment the car does or does not have, or just enable Euro mode to kill some or all of them right?

Now, that's not going to kill the resistance test based dtc for the components missing right? So I'll need to put resistors in line with certain ECM harness wires, or how do I go about finding the DTC to disable those themselves?

there is a way to permanently pass readiness and disable all diagnostics for emissions.
nk86

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2022, 10:12:09 AM »

there is a way to permanently pass readiness and disable all diagnostics for emissions.

Back from the dead again. Did anyone ever figure out what was needed to disable emissions and readiness for the M5.9?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: