Pages: [1]
Author Topic: logging a 557  (Read 3503 times)
psyman

« on: June 15, 2013, 04:06:40 PM »

Also now have Innovate LM2 wideband logger, but have not been able to get the Innovate to connect to OBD2 (would be nice to use for logging AND wideband data in one file). Any tips?
[/quote]

I have a 1996 (Australian delivered) 1.8TQ AEB/AJL with a 557T ECU, S4 V8 MAF and sensor and 630cc injectors as prj pointed out you can rewrite if you have the M28F102. I have this in mine thanks to a tuner in Canada who did a pro job of soldering in the adapter to allow me to change EPROMs. I am using a Willem USB programmer with adapter.  I only have a certain amount of time to learn about this and am wanting a proper tuner to assist in coming up with a tune.

Given that there are pretty much no people in Aust who are doing tuning on Motronics let alone the older DBC such as mine I have had to look to overseas tuners and so far have not come up with anything yet so the car struggles to idle on the base tune I was given certainly cannot drive it but I have the Innovate LM-2 too.

VCDS is what I am using to log but it only goes up to channel 027 and there are a few channels up around 95-99 that can log data but as I am not a tuner I don't know how to correlate the data into something that runs right. Even with all the info I have read on here about corresponding with .ols data etc, I am leaving it for a pro but where to find is another thing.. I am so over waiting (2.5years) and stuffing around I am close to trying a fellow here who has recently taken up tuning live and apparently has the right cables/software to facilitate a tune.
Sold my HKS EVC6 boost controller as the tuner I was in contact with said the standard N75 valve would be fine for the 20-22psi I want to run through the GT2871 but to be honest I really am unsure as to how true that will pan out to be.

From what I have read here it seems a live tune is the only way I'll get it right although I was happy to try via email and even make logs on the dyno but finding someone who wants to do the tune is proving near impossible.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 04:39:31 PM by psyman » Logged
psyman

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 04:28:19 PM »

Hey Mods, could you please move this into the,  "1.8T AEB Engine me3.2 ECU" thread as I did not intend on making a new topic it was meant to be a reply but something happen when I got auto logged off.
Thank you
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: