Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MED17.1 - No read with Scanmatik on bench  (Read 368 times)
l3v1athan

« on: April 24, 2024, 10:08:58 PM »

Hey everyone,

Just some TL;DR backstory: been flashing my A5 2.0 TFSI with PCMFlash trying out different tunes etc, and reached the OBD flash counter limit -> trying now to edit EEPROM so I can reset the counter.

As anyone else that's just as clueless about doing this, I prowled the forums for the how to and ended up buying myself the Scanmatik 2 Pro with the bench cable and module 53 for PCM Flash

ECU SW: 8K5907115
ECU HW: 8K2907115L
MODEL: MED17.1 (should be a TC1796)

My problem is that I have tried and continuously failed at reading this ECU on the bench i.e. no signs of making a connection in PCMFlash. My understanding is that with GPT I would not need to open the ECU.
Things I have tried (roughly in order)
    - Normal 12V, GND, IGN, CAN L, CAN H - No PSU
    - Normal 12V, GND, IGN, CAN L, CAN H - GPT pins (but originally wrong pins due to dodgy pinout schematic) - No PSU (GPT pins weren't powered it seems)
    - Normal 12V, GND, IGN, CAN L, CAN H - GPT pins - No PSU
    - Normal 12V, GND, IGN, CAN L, CAN H - GPT pins - PSU 12V 1.2A
    - Normal 12V, GND, IGN, CAN L, CAN H - GPT pins - PSU 12V 1A
    - Normal 12V, GND, IGN, CAN L, CAN H - GPT pins - PSU 12V 1.5A

NOTE: My car still starts after this - so ECU is not bricked

Where I'd like guidance is my next action from here so I can read this damned EEPROM
My thoughts are that it's one of the following:
A. PSU is not sufficient - I've been using normal Router, Device chargers that do 12V
B. My GPT Pinout is still wrong (I've also tried using the 5V GPT pins and the 12V bufferless GPT pins that come with the SM2-PRO bench cable)
C. GPT pins won't work first time and I need to open the ECU and get my soldering iron out
D. Unlikely - I somehow corrupted the EEPROM so that it's unable to be read (along with flash and micro)

Any help or experience would be appreciated

Cheers  Cry
aef

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 01:22:18 AM »

53 is for booting not for bench.

the correct protocol would be 71 with page 9 of this manual https://pcmhelp.ru/data/pcmflash_71.pdf
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: