Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Precondition not met: Immobilizer Not Authenticated  (Read 7882 times)
300exPat

« on: July 07, 2013, 08:39:49 AM »

Hi, I have a 2003 A6 me7.1.1 with a R box.  I'm having problems flashing a new file in which I have added a SAI delete.  I flashed this same ECU about a month ago.  The ECU originally had a S box but I had heard about many problems with it and flashed it over to a R box.  I was not able to write to the ECU on the car, but was successful after putting it on a hacked together bench setup.

I put together a more professional bench setup and tried flashing the ECU this morning.  I was able to connect and see my ecu info but nefmoto is telling me a precondition has not been met, which is the immobilizer not being authenticated upon trying to read or write.  I'm not sure what is going on because I was able to flash it fine last month and my bench harness seems to be all in order.  Could the problem be related to my R box vs the original S box?  I am going to try flashing the ECU connected to the car later on today but doubt it will work since it did not work the first time I tried.

My bench harness is set up like the following diagram, with a 2.2k resistor on pin 21 which allowed me to connect on my first hacked together bench setup.
UrbanAssaultar

if you're not first, you're last

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 09:13:17 AM »

Read part 1:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2973.0title=

Have you put it in boot mode before?
300exPat

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 06:39:46 PM »

Ok, I understand now.  I have no clue how I managed to flash the 551R file to the ECU last month without putting it into boot mode.  Maybe my previous 551S file had the immobilizer disabled?  I have never put the ECU into boot mode but I fully understand how.

Just to confirm, if I flash in boot mode, I need to do a read/write with nefmoto after to correct the checksum?
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 06:59:32 PM »

Just disable the immobilizer (need bootmode to do it). Once you do that, you never need to bootmode again.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
300exPat

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 07:10:18 PM »

Just disable the immobilizer (need bootmode to do it). Once you do that, you never need to bootmode again.

Ok, I'll have to do that.  It's odd I was able to flash it once before.  Is argdub's tool the best way to remove the immobilizer?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: