Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Nefmoto / Me7_95040 / problem getting 7.1.1 in boot mode, or writing in car ¿  (Read 15629 times)
jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

What I'm trying to do is write a new 95040.bin. 

Read with me7_95040 goes fine.

Read with Nefmoto goes fine but now my Immo jams me up as this is a replacement ecu.

Ground pin 24, and try to write with boot mode. No bueno.

But If I ground pin 24, and try to read via obd with Me7_95040, AND/OR Nefmoto (kwp2000) No bueno still.

So it seems like I can put this (ME7.1.1 40mhz type 2) ecu in boot mode. Right? because it won't connect via obd until I cycle the ignition again.

I remember seeing one guy who had to keep pin 24 grounded to write, A different guy using jumper wires in the ecu and resistors on the constant power and for grounding the boot pin, A third and probably not final guy who cycled the ignition back off and then was able to write. And a POST-final guy who removed the resistor on the back of the board. I don't really have anybody hanging around to "hold this" "watch my beer" "turn the key" or "hit write", so simply trying each method to see what works well for me isn't really feasible.

I've noticed the different methods were usually between the 32mhz1/2 and 40mhz1/2 7.1.1's but I'm starting to think my issue isn't getting the ecu in boot mode. But writing to it while it's in the car.. Is there a way to distinguish between the two?

Also I've noticed using vcds lite that the WSC is different between a few modules. The pin I extracted from the 95040 wouldn't work. I've got the cluster out and to see what I can get out of that, and i have tried pulling the fuse, and without the cluster in the car I get the missing message from the cluster, instead of the immo error. Both won't allow a full flash read, or allow a write to the 95040.

I also had a bright idea today which probably won't work, but I need some place to bounce it(haven't got my whiteboard yet, well I painted one of my sons walls to be a whiteboard, but what I'd end up drawing and writing has no place in a 3yr olds room)... Yeah so the galetto cable came with a female connector and has a few labeled outputs. black connector is + and -. White is K and L. Is it possible to wire and additional connector to the cluster, to the ecu, and whatever other components. to plug these into? The idea being (after the initial removal, and re install) that you wouldn't have to remove anything to read/write whatever component you're connected to. In car bench setup....The constant power would still be off the battery as it normally is. Simulated ignition switch on the new connectors might... Hopefully.. In theory keep everything isolated as you read/write....Right?..... 

Lost, No.. My minds around here somewhere..
Shh, I'm calling my mom.. "It's 3AM" SHH!
Mom, is there such a thing as kosher pork?
"I'm not bailing you out tonight"...
ddillenger

I didn't read your post, I'm sure it's full of nonsensical madness though. For that, I applaud you.

Do you have power supplied to pin 21? It's required. Also, no wizardry is required on this ecu, the can-bus cars (05-up) are trickier,  but yours is as easy as any.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

I haven't got a bench harness yet. This particular post I'm trying to do this in the car, so I assume(<- we know what that does) it's got power, but I can check between lightning flashes... I can see the sun, so i'll check in a min.

jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

pin 21 as in the diagrams on the net, or pin 21 as in when i'm looking at the ecu?

ddillenger

Pin 21 on the ecu.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

First I read to the screen, which worked. Unhooked the battery for about 5 mins. Smoked a butt... Whatever, leave the key on ground the boot pin and connect the negative batt terminal. Then bootmode failed. Try to read over obd again, and fails. So am I somewhere between? haha.

I do not have the cluster installed in the car for this time in particular. I supplied 12v to pin 21 but the same thing happened earlier today when the cluster was installed.

By pin 21 I mean the pictures, and diagrams pin 21 that are posted showing the colorful little pin locations how to connect bench setups... Not the pin 21 as it is labeled on the actual ecu. and again, this is in the car.

jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

I'm.... Going to get some beer

jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

Tried again today in the car, set the baud rate to 9600 this time(didn't take a screen shot unfortunately) and wasn't drinking at that point in time... So it was easy to see what I had wrong last night. But still can't write.

Ran a few wires/resistors using this diagram, using an old 12v charger from an airsoft gun or something I randomly had hanging around to try it out of the car.. I got error 0x09 this time. 

is there a definition list for the error's kicking around somewhere? and If i'm only running 12v, ground, and k line should I be able to connect via obd and read with me7_95040?

ddillenger

Verify connectivity by connecting with vag-com first. Try to weed out potential issues.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

Yesterday, yes... Right now, no but my voltage was low. so I stuck a charger on her.

jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

Nope, still getting nothing.

jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

I'll try again tomorrow morning. I learned the hard way not to poke at these things drunk or still up... I think I noticed a trend though. Besides Demons/Jesus. When it's just me hanging around everything goes fine.. When my old man borrows my laptop the night before(he's got a usb hard drive, loves Norton, Updates drivers, Windows, and god knows what else) I struggle to connect. By the time I'm done, I'll have a complete drunk/dummies/dads guide to write up.

How can I verify if the ecu is bricked? I was never successful initiating a write. Only reading this particular 95040.bin. I attempted to write but forgot to set the baud rate

While in the car I'd read via OBD, out of the car I got nothing, Back in the car I can read via OBD. Out of the car nothing. In the car nothing. Bot mode in and out of the car nothing. Vcds lite recognizes the cluter, but not the ECU. but voltage was danger will robinson low...

ddillenger

If you were poking about inside, and NOW it doesn't respond to VCDS, that's a problem. Generally that means you shorted something. That's sort of a big deal Sad

I sent you an ecu, should arrive soon. It's IMMO-offed already (you'll have to flash it, it's got an S6 manual file on it now), so no problems there. Shoot me an email, I'll try to decipher what you may have done.

FWIW, a resistor on the bootpin wire (the one you use to ground pin24) will help to prevent popped ecus.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

Semi Obscene email sent...

jimmcgee5

can you let me know the sh*t your drinking  Grin, so I KNOW NOT to touch it ,  Tongue
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: