Pages: [1]
Author Topic: In need of understanding bit mask for Launch Control with 8E0909518AK file 1.8t  (Read 17867 times)
BlkSerialKilla

That's Just The Nature Of The Beast...

I am trying to use ME7+TUNER+WIZZARD to insert the launch control function into my bin. I have just about figured out 90% of everything from modifying my bin in winols to checksums and the modifications neccesary & documented in Sn00ks pdf.

At the moment I need to figure out how to properly insert my bit-mask in the wizard correctly. Does anyone mind looking into this so I can understand how to input the correct bit mask for b_brems & b_kuppl?

What exactly is the decoded portion's definition in the xls table for b_brems & k_kuppl?  Also where is FTOMN exactly so I can set that to 0 as documented.

For what its worth I took a look at http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3791.0 & the pdf sn00k posted
to better understand how the variables at 17E00 work as well as learn the asm behind the function with the defined ram variables and I have been able to get that working with alterations in my xdf for his bin but I want to fully inport this into my personal bin to learn and use.

Information I have found:

I used ME7 Logger and My .ecu file output to conjecture this together.

the sequence I need to find to insert my jump to launch control code "D7 40 06 02 03 F8"

0BF800 Region Of No Code For NLS Launch Code Insertion at least 16x9 large of FF.
17E00 Region of FF / No Code For Variables in anti-lag NLS function.

0x384CE5 - 0x385417 unused gap of RAM using 0x384FF0 for NLS COUNT ; Understanding I May have to disassemble my bin to double check that ram is actually unused.

Found the following variables:

tsrldyn 0x380C05
b_kuppl 0x00FD4C Bit Mask 0x0040
vfil_w  0x381E1A
nmot_w  0x00F89E
wped    0x3809CE
*b_brems 0x00FD4C bit mask 0x0040 minus 2 ; I'm having trouble understanding how the bitmask works, Unable to find Sn00k's text document "Bit-registrys_bitmasks.txt"  to understand more.

*From understanding the forum thread on b_brems & B_bk:

"http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1363.0"

I believe they are interchangeable since they are in the same registry so I also used the .ecu files B_bk definition and determined this:

*B_bk 0x00FD4C Bit Mask 0x0004

asterisks meaning I'm a bit unclear.

I believe with learning the bitmask I will be able to implement this properly. Then I would only need to research how to disable misfire monitors while launch is active either by quickly setting the counter to zero while in the loop (eurodyne) and other associated variables to prevent check engine light and stored dtcs.

Thanks!

Also I have attached a dtc output I got from running the test file from envisible for future reference, I will have to research that as well.
BlkSerialKilla

I am going to take a look at this php script and see what I can dissect to understand what is done precisely I found this post 2step & Antilag Auto Add Script. for ME7.X looks to be beautiful automation of everything I will get better understanding from  this Smiley
TCSTigersClaw

Here , this will help you with the bitmask registrys

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
BlkSerialKilla

Thanks! Alright I have kinda figured out the bitmask deal and went further along and used the launch.php file revision 6 (had to confirm the correct FTOMN was adjusted, ended up being the second 0x05 byte in sequence). When the dust settled I was successful with launch control working at defined speed and rpm I set, however I am unable to perform the NLS the engine keeps reving up past the last point it was at before I lifted my clutch like normal. Is there another variable I need to adjust to get this correct? I had read somewhere on the form there was some type of NLS counter that activates for a period after you clutch and I was trying to look at the pseudo-code and asm involved but couldn't quite figure out if this counter. I was thinking I'm experiencing this because the counter is set to 0 so it instantly blows through the No lift shift instead. Has anyone had experience with this that could investigate ? Am I close to what the actual problem is?

Added the NLS/AL Function table to my XDF as well as the variables in ROM that can be adjusted.

BIN is a mild adjustment of max boost with load table adjustment as well it should be 14-17 psi , works really well bellow 90 degree outside temps for what its worth. I know one individual experienced overboost code but I think his n75 is suspect. Take a look at file really for experimentation and troubleshooting the blowing through NLS. Checksum has been corrected as well.

Attached are XDF, log of modifications I made to BIN recently, and variables list used by php script from ME7 logger.

Thanks,
ddillenger

Be careful with this file. Go through a few start cycles, see if a checksum error materializes.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
BlkSerialKilla

Not sure if anything varies depending on the ecu this is loaded into I know its just my word but I have at least 7 cold starts and about 13-14 more warm restarts on this bin since I modified it. But anyone that loads these files please be safe I noticed another bin someone posted else for NLS testing had several tables that were 255'ed (FF'ed) or zeroed out with dangerous ignition angle maps; these are test files and should not be ran continuously unless looked at thoroughly and understood.  Smiley
BlkSerialKilla

Alright I was altering some NLS variables and checking my car out this evening with vag com and I discovered that my clutch switch is acting flaky so for the mean timing I am leaving antilag enabled and disabling NLS until I correct my clutch switch situation.
maZer.GTi

Alright I was altering some NLS variables and checking my car out this evening with vag com and I discovered that my clutch switch is acting flaky so for the mean timing I am leaving antilag enabled and disabling NLS until I correct my clutch switch situation.

If you want to Understand the bitmask its very easy.

Look at the Hex value on .ecu file example: 0040
Use windows calculater and enter this as hex, change to binary and you see 1000000.
Now count how much zeros you have before 1 ( in this example 6). Also you got FDXX.6
greets
andy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: