Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Author Topic: Big turbo IRL/IOP/LDRPLS/KFWDKMSN tuning  (Read 152478 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 05:47:40 PM »

Thanks. I have edited the thread topic accordingly. By inverse map, do you mean the cruise control map (KFWPFGR)?

Nye: The inverse of KFWDKMSN is KFMSNWDK. Take a look at them, you'll quickly spot the relationship.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 05:51:57 PM »

Nye: The inverse of KFWDKMSN is KFMSNWDK. Take a look at them, you'll quickly spot the relationship.

LOL. Too late. I just did that Smiley

oh, and i was just making a g/sec dup map for it as well ..

Thanks though heh.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 06:06:16 PM »

PRJ/Anyone:

Am I correct in tweaking MSNWDK until calculated airflow=measured airflow, then adjusting WDKMSN, or is there more to it?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
prj

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 06:10:43 PM »

You can do it either way.
Another way is to disconnect the MAF and tweak those maps until your mixture is more or less on target.

KFWDKSMX - I just max it right after idle.
It is used to make the car feel smoother and reduce noise. Probably the exact opposite of what you want when you slap a big turbo on your car.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
ddillenger

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 06:18:22 PM »

KFWDKSMX - I just max it right after idle.
It is used to make the car feel smoother and reduce noise. Probably the exact opposite of what you want when you slap a big turbo on your car.

This is what I'd been doing after noting this is how it's done in NA applications. Nye and I just had this discussion yesterday.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 06:21:22 PM »

disconnect the MAF and tweak those maps until your mixture is more or less on target.

Which has another wonderful side benefit? Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 06:35:36 PM »

Which has another wonderful side benefit? Smiley

If your MAF fails shit doesn't get REAL weird when these are right.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
prj

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2013, 03:28:04 AM »

Yawn...
The problem is people who think they know passing things on as fact, and then getting all pissed off when pointed out that their information is incorrect.

Anyhow, I think the misinformation has been put right here, and there is correct information for having butter smooth part throttle on high pre-load wastegates.
The same strategy can be applied when turbocharging a NA car with MBC and so on. The important thing is to understand that the torque model and drivers wish do not control the throttle, only filling request and after that everything else makes sense.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 03:30:11 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
britishturbo

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 08:36:11 AM »

Thanks for the nice explanation of things prj.

I don't know that I've done anything any different or not, I don't think so given that most of what I know has come from here. But I do know my car doesn't have the problems I've seen in others tunes and my single turbo setup behaves just as Snow Trooper is describing.
I will post some screen shots of my current settings though just for posterity.
britishturbo

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2013, 08:52:16 AM »

Rightly or wrongly this is what I have on my car:

And Snow Trooper: I'm the same as you, if anything on pump gas tunes I ramp boost up as redline approaches not down.
britishturbo

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2013, 08:53:41 AM »

And this is from the drive to work this morning (no nitrous - 6466 ftw!):

julex

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2013, 05:55:20 PM »

Prj, thanks for the explanation. I will try to wrap my mind around it but would you mind giving me a quick tip here? Would I re-define vpssplg_w axis to suit my turbo more instead of stock max of 1.60?
prj

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2013, 01:00:20 AM »

Prj, thanks for the explanation. I will try to wrap my mind around it but would you mind giving me a quick tip here? Would I re-define vpssplg_w axis to suit my turbo more instead of stock max of 1.60?

Correct.

Log your car properly.
britishturbo

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2013, 11:29:37 AM »

Julex I did some testing with my new turbo which spools a lot lot quicker than the previous one.
I still have zero part throttle surging issues at lower than wastegate pressure.
I can hold 10 or 15psi part throttle without any issue.

Just an fyi bud.
julex

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2013, 12:26:35 PM »

Julex I did some testing with my new turbo which spools a lot lot quicker than the previous one.
I still have zero part throttle surging issues at lower than wastegate pressure.
I can hold 10 or 15psi part throttle without any issue.

Just an fyi bud.

It is probably my set up specific. I see that I am getting turbo stutter (surging) when I go light-medium part throttle and car gets too excited with throttle and allows boost up to say 15psi and then rapidly cuts off throttle to bring boost down so that load matches limit.

At this point of time, say at 5psi, the turbos start stuttering/surging in waves, cha, cha, cha, cha in sometimes run-away fashion (amplifying with each cycle). I see in logs exactly what is  happening...

PRJ's insight into the throttle regulation FUEREG will allow me to properly tune this problem by making car aware that wastegates cracking pressure is much higher than it thinks it is.

I don't have problems if I request hefty amount of load to begin with, like gas pedal deep in so that I reach 15psi for example. No surging then.

I just want a car super smooth in all load points with no on-off switch 95% of 2.7t tuned engines provide...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: