Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Big turbo IRL/IOP/LDRPLS/KFWDKMSN tuning  (Read 151188 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2013, 10:30:39 AM »

Had some interesting issues with the car shutting the throttle once we raised the boost up

Just to make sure we're on the right page: this thread is not about throttle cut during WOT.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
automan001

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2013, 07:24:52 AM »

I hacked the binary to have plgrus_w = pu_w like it is done on the S4.
To have the same hack in ME 7.5, is it enough to switch on bit 0 in CWPLGU?
How should KFVPDKSD/E be adjusted if plgrus_w calculation path KFPLGUB, KFDPLGU, KFWPLGTA stays enabled? I mean how values should be adjusted, does the rule with playing around PSPVDKUG value stays the same?
prj

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2013, 05:58:51 AM »

To have the same hack in ME 7.5, is it enough to switch on bit 0 in CWPLGU?
Yes.
How should KFVPDKSD/E be adjusted if plgrus_w calculation path KFPLGUB, KFDPLGU, KFWPLGTA stays enabled? I mean how values should be adjusted, does the rule with playing around PSPVDKUG value stays the same?

Basically it should be <0.95 if the axis is <1

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
20VTMK1

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2013, 12:35:30 PM »

LOL. Too late. I just did that Smiley

oh, and i was just making a g/sec dup map for it as well ..

Thanks though heh.

Hi Nyet ,

I seem to have a partially closed throttle up till 3000 rpm , 83 g/s and 1700 mb boost. After this point , I get 100 %,

I assumed its due to KFWDKMSN and KFMSNWDK , however the vaues within these two maps don't sdeem to make sense to me - any input as to the airflow vs plate position . ECU is 8N0 906018 , BAM . The max airflow is 1980 kg/h which is 549 g/s

Please help to understand ,
ddillenger

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2013, 12:51:08 PM »

Hi Nyet ,

I seem to have a partially closed throttle up till 3000 rpm , 83 g/s and 1700 mb boost. After this point , I get 100 %,

I assumed its due to KFWDKMSN and KFMSNWDK , however the vaues within these two maps don't sdeem to make sense to me - any input as to the airflow vs plate position . ECU is 8N0 906018 , BAM . The max airflow is 1980 kg/h which is 549 g/s

Please help to understand ,

KFWDKSMX

Maximum throttle plate angle.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
20VTMK1

« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2013, 02:23:04 PM »

Wow - Thanks , one problem sorted at least.

Thanks for the help
20VTMK1

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2013, 01:39:37 PM »

ECU is 8N0 906018 , BAM . The max airflow is 1980 kg/h which is 549 g/s for KFWDKMSN

I did some investigation , Am I correct in saying Target Air mass = corrected cyl charge (corrected load) x umsrln_w

I came short with umsrln_w  , is this some sort of constant or factor ?

20VTMK1

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2013, 01:48:27 PM »

Cool, I see what you were saying. Around 1.40 pressure ratio (6psi, stock WG cracking pressure) is where some cells start exceeding PSPVDKUG threshold. I will take my 21psi, which is 2.44 pressure ration and scale  vpssplg_w axis by 2.44/1.40 ratio and take it from there.

Beer on me  Kiss

In my case , all the cells exceed PSPVDKUG (0.95) . KFVPDSKD starts at 0.962 and goes up - I assume the "dynamic" means accelerating ?
KFVPDKSE however starts at 0.94 ,"stationary " so in steady state ?

Please assist - this is driving me nuts ..

Thank you in advance . 
julex

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2013, 06:38:04 AM »

In my case , all the cells exceed PSPVDKUG (0.95) . KFVPDSKD starts at 0.962 and goes up - I assume the "dynamic" means accelerating ?
KFVPDKSE however starts at 0.94 ,"stationary " so in steady state ?

Please assist - this is driving me nuts ..

Thank you in advance . 

I am not sure what to tell you... but if you know your current and stock wastegate cracking pressure then just divide one by the other, you will get some ratio (larger than 1). Take that ratio and multiply pressure AXIS values (you will have to create a new table with just these to be able to edit them) by it. The resulting KFVPDSKD/KFVPDSKE will look identical as far as cells go but the PR axis will have the new pressure ratios now. Not perfect since turbos probably respond differently but much better than stock.
20VTMK1

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2013, 01:21:48 PM »

Thanks JuleX ,

That's exactly what I did .

Now to do more digging to try and decipher this further.

Any idea on how to calc the estimated air mas ?

Thanks
20VTMK1

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2013, 01:09:50 PM »

Yes.
Basically it should be <0.95 if the axis is <1

PRJ ,

Greetings,

Is it safe to assume that if CWPLGU is set to zero , then it is not active , i.e not active , plgrus_w calculation path KFPLGUB, KFDPLGU, KFWPLGTA is disabled ?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 01:36:29 PM by 20VTMK1 » Logged
20VTMK1

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2013, 02:08:00 PM »

I am not sure what to tell you... but if you know your current and stock wastegate cracking pressure then just divide one by the other, you will get some ratio (larger than 1). Take that ratio and multiply pressure AXIS values (you will have to create a new table with just these to be able to edit them) by it. The resulting KFVPDSKD/KFVPDSKE will look identical as far as cells go but the PR axis will have the new pressure ratios now. Not perfect since turbos probably respond differently but much better than stock.
interesting find , in the 8N0906081BQ ecu , PDKSE and PDKSD are different . PDKSD is stated for response and is higher than values in PDKSE in this ECU (perhaps for higher altitudes - makes the ratio larger Huh)
8n0906018 CB however has PDKSE and PDKSD the same .

Now , I see what you say above , however if you apply a new ratio to the entire axis , wont you basically take away the zones that are less than 1 ? The contrary to that is the fact that the wastegate spring is now substantially stronger , so how is boost controlled with no n75 DC at light loads ? N249 ? Throttle plate ?

I hope I explained my self properly - just my thoughts .

Thanks
julex

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2013, 06:26:57 AM »

interesting find , in the 8N0906081BQ ecu , PDKSE and PDKSD are different . PDKSD is stated for response and is higher than values in PDKSE in this ECU (perhaps for higher altitudes - makes the ratio larger Huh)
8n0906018 CB however has PDKSE and PDKSD the same .

Now , I see what you say above , however if you apply a new ratio to the entire axis , wont you basically take away the zones that are less than 1 ? The contrary to that is the fact that the wastegate spring is now substantially stronger , so how is boost controlled with no n75 DC at light loads ? N249 ? Throttle plate ?

I hope I explained my self properly - just my thoughts .

Thanks

Throttle plate. It moderates the angle to get a desired flow/load. I see it all the time on my car since I log both pre throttle and post throttle boost sensors. In part throttle, I see say 1200mbar pre-throttle, throttle moderates to some low angle and past throttle I have 900mbar (slight vacuum).

prj

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2013, 05:17:14 AM »

PRJ ,

Greetings,

Is it safe to assume that if CWPLGU is set to zero , then it is not active , i.e not active , plgrus_w calculation path KFPLGUB, KFDPLGU, KFWPLGTA is disabled ?

If CWPLGU is zero, then plgrus_w = pu_w. Nothing less, nothing more.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
amerol0601

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2013, 09:20:47 AM »

Would most if not all of this apply to 1.8t applications as well? Pardon my noobness. Im wondering if, since with Frankenturbo's they use such stiff springs eerily similar to descriptions here of the BT guys, this could be looked into for myself as a resolution. Similar to another member's post my part throttle application snaps too and fluctuates as well until WOT.

Mostly my question is are these maps available in most 1.8t ecu's as well, similar to the s4?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: