Pages: [1]
Author Topic: giac x+ files and no chksums in winols  (Read 7280 times)
k0mpresd

« on: February 05, 2011, 08:35:09 PM »

i have 2 different giac x+ files. when opened with winols neither have any recognized checksums.
does anyone know why this may be?
ive copied/pasted a lot of hex from stock > giac trying to find what triggers the "no chksum" and have yet to figure it out.
any help?
i have a file id really like to be able to edit.
setzi62

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 10:42:42 AM »

When you change something in your stock file, does your winols recognize the checksum
changes? Just to exclude that winols itself has got a problem.
If giac did not mix up things totally, at least the table starting around 81'FBXX/81FCXX
should look similar to your stock file and still contain some of the checksums from your stock.
I hardly can believe that giac rewrote the checksum algorithms in the code to protect against
further changes, but if you find heavy changes outside the parameter sections, this could be
the case.
robin

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 12:25:46 AM »

if the read is encrypted or otherwise offset greatly, the checksums won't work. check map to map location and look a few hundred words in either direction... see if it's completely garbled or just moved around a bit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: