Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Author Topic: ME7Check: Checksum checker for ME7  (Read 228723 times)
setzi62

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 07:34:32 AM »

btw any chance you'd post the source? I'll set up a git/svn repo if you like Smiley

This community really needs people willing to collaborate and publish code.
Well, I think I always like and try to collaborate and help other users here in the forum.
I would prefer to provide solutions on request but keep sources, at least for the moment.
Hope you don't get me wrong.

Yes, stand alone executable is all good and so on but what we really need is a plug in for tunerpro for exmaple.
A plugin for tunerpro is already available, links can be found in other threads.
This tool's purpose was only to provide a quick way to verify that checksums have been
really updated. Some people complained it is not easy to see status with plugins when
they don't provide a clear display. Here you just get a clear OK/NotOK status, nothing more.

Very cool! Would you be willing to update it to include ME7.1.1 from the Audi TT, VW R32 etc? I can supply stock flash files.
It should already be supporting ME7.1.1, at least the few images I have were using the
same checksum mechanisms as ME7.1/ME7.5.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 10:32:09 AM »

I would prefer to provide solutions on request but keep sources, at least for the moment.

Depending on your goals, there are different ways of publishing code such that you stay protected, btw.

In any case, any chance you can document the checksum mechanism? Or post psuedo code? Obviously, anything I end up with I will publish.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
kls

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 06:43:26 PM »

Very cool! Would you be willing to update it to include ME7.1.1 from the Audi TT, VW R32 etc? I can supply stock flash files.
It should already be supporting ME7.1.1, at least the few images I have were using the
same checksum mechanisms as ME7.1/ME7.5.

I believe ME7.1.1 has a slightly different checksum routine. I tried the program with known good files and it reported they had bad checksums.
phila_dot

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 08:43:32 PM »

Great little tool. Thanks again for your contributions.
setzi62

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 10:23:13 AM »

I believe ME7.1.1 has a slightly different checksum routine. I tried the program with known good files and it reported they had bad checksums.
I found a small deviation for some ME7.1.1 images, now they were working fine.
Hope this was the only difference to make it run for your images. Updated the files in first post.
kls

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 10:34:39 PM »

Sweet, thanks for the update. My stock ME7.1.1 files all checkout as fine. I do have a tuned file which shows as bad but is 100% confirmed working.
setzi62

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 03:12:13 AM »

If it is possible for you to send me the concerned file for checking, I will find out.
Hard to say what is wrong in this case without looking into ecu's code.
setzi62

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2011, 05:34:02 AM »

Sweet, thanks for the update. My stock ME7.1.1 files all checkout as fine. I do have a tuned file which shows as bad but is 100% confirmed working.
One more update to handle this was made. Waiting for the next flaw ...
ElementalVoid

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2011, 04:32:29 PM »

Any chance you could cross compile for ARM? (gnu target: arm-linux-gnueabi)

I've got a Buffalo Linkstation Duo (arm5) running Debian Squeeze. I'm thinking about setting up an SCM (undecided on Git, SVN, other) and want to setup a hook (client/server/both) that will check the bin and reject the commit if the checksums are not updated.

I'm aware that binary diffs are handled better with SVN, but I like having a full clone handy with Git. Has anyone used an SCM to manage binary files before? If so, maybe you've had better luck with another system?
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2011, 05:05:50 PM »

I am a Windows guy running a forum full of Linux people.  Grin

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2011, 05:32:00 PM »

{geekery}

I'd kill for somebody to actually release source code Smiley

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
eliotroyano

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 09:19:45 PM »

Great thread!!!!   Smiley
Matt Danger

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 11:18:17 AM »

{geekery}

I'd kill for somebody to actually release source code Smiley

x2
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 01:28:28 PM »

Has anyone used an SCM to manage binary files before? If so, maybe you've had better luck with another system?

If i find i *really* need to maintain a binary in an SCM, I try to find a process by which i can generate that binary using some sort of text-based instructions, which CAN be maintained in a sane fashion.

For example, start with a stock binary, and come up with a document that can describe (in plain text - e.g. table tag, offset, value difference, etc) the changes you wish to make to it.. make a tool that can apply those changes, and just keep the change document in the SCM.

Anything else is foolishness IMO, since the diffs will never make any sense.

ECUx Plot

setzi62

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 02:42:12 AM »

Any chance you could cross compile for ARM? (gnu target: arm-linux-gnueabi)
Try if this works for you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: