Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: [FIXED, Reply #21] RS6 C5 MT EBC, still getting throttle cut with maxed KFDLULS  (Read 14105 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 04:41:54 PM »

If anything, I'm spending this time learning. So it's not all wasted. But I get your point. Wink

Unless you get ps_w under control (and req boost near actual boost), you won't be learning much Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, 07:54:52 PM »

Unmodified logs would be stellar, it is hard to sort out those. I see ps_w is maxed the entire time though.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nubcake

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2015, 02:32:07 PM »

So, did a couple of things today to experiment further:
At first I tried to FF the ELDOB (1A081 in 366304 RS6 bin, right? I know that it's listed at the other address in that public xdf floating around, but still). And well, that didn't go as planned. Still getting the TC.
The second "check" was to change LDORXN (FF is only at 191.25 load, unfortunately) - and surely enough, the TC is not that severe anymore, with throttle closed "only" halfway. Smiley
Log is attached.

I guess I will try zeroing TLDOBAN next and see if that helps. Smiley
I'm just trying to do one thing at a time (and for now is to completely get rid of throttle cut in current config) before moving on to the next thing. So, yea, effectively I'm wasting time - but that's not the first time I do that! Grin
nyet
Administrator

STOP ITALIAN TUNING.

Seriously. At this rate you are going to break something. There is a good reason all of those safety measures are in place.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
SeRiLLo

Are you running manual transmission? )) just get back AT ECU online(on connector) and fuel controller - your problem will be solved.  Wink
ddillenger

Are you running manual transmission? )) just get back AT ECU online(on connector) and fuel controller - your problem will be solved.  Wink

Could you expand upon/clarify what you are saying here?

Thanks!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nubcake

You are wrong about the initial source of the problem.

EDIT: Actually, it just so happened, that he isn't wrong. The whole problem was caused by this. 366304 RS6 software uses the LDRLMX (therefore, LDORXN) mechanism to limit the load if it can't get any feedback from fuel controller. It usually happens under prolonged WOT runs. Basically, there are some maps that control this whole behavior, but for now I just patched this function out in ASM.

TLDOBAN "hack" worked by the way.
Couldn't test it fully yet (with log), but a quick 1-2-3 WOT pull didn't trigger the throttle cut.

EDIT:
It actually didn't work, but I was under the impression that it worked due to LDORXN being FF'ed, so I didn't notice the intervention.

Next on schedule are:
- MAFs maxing out. Trying to decide which route to go here.
- 5120 hack & going back to N75 boost control.

nyet, with all due respect: I do completely agree that in properly built and tuned car, all "stock" safety measures should be utilized and scaled accordingly. But this car is built in such a way that triggering of said measures does more harm than good. If you think that I should stop documenting my efforts here - I will do so.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 09:30:05 AM by nubcake » Logged
ddillenger

You are wrong about the initial source of the problem.

TLDOBAN "hack" worked by the way.
Couldn't test it fully yet (with log), but a quick 1-2-3 WOT pull didn't trigger the throttle cut.

Next on schedule are:
- MAFs maxing out. Trying to decide which route to go here.
- 5120 hack & going back to N75 boost control.

nyet, with all due respect: I do completely agree that in properly built and tuned car, all "stock" safety measures should be utilized and scaled accordingly. But this car is built in such a way that triggering of said measures does more harm than good. If you think that I should stop documenting my efforts here - I will do so.

You have to realize, the 5120 was just finished recently. It marks the first time we've been able to do things "the right way" since inception. As a result, we get enthusiastic when the opportunity to use it is presented. It's nothing personal, just as a model we tend to try to encourage good practices.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: