Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Could not open FTDI device NEWB help please  (Read 17913 times)
nattyS4

« on: August 20, 2013, 03:07:57 PM »

There is way too much information on here. I need a how to for dummies and I also have a macbook.....i'm trying to flash a tune that i have, through a Ebay cable. can someone point me in the right direction please? i still need all the software etc but where to start?
nattyS4

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 03:15:46 PM »

the d2xx driver for OSX and then the net motto newest version? is that right?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 03:18:31 PM »

Feel free to write a howto with less information if you think there is "too much information" available Tongue

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nattyS4

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 03:25:30 PM »

sorry just a little overwhelmed....So I am downloading boot camp for my mac then I believe I download the drivers and then just the ME7 software.
nattyS4

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 08:17:08 PM »

I installed the original driver for mac and i did the other one for the generic cable so i guess they are both on here? i have no clue. And I nstalled me7 logger. pluged it in and nothing...the led light is on and my mac knows its plugged in but no connection in the me7? help me diagnose what i messed up please.
nattyS4

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 08:43:23 PM »

how do you verify you have the right Driver installed?Huh??
nattyS4

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 09:23:27 PM »

This is what it says when I click the connect slow init button, it also says : Failed to read test echo from FTDI device. Make sure the cable is in dumb mode and connected to the OBD port.  Thoughts?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 10:06:43 PM »

is it connected to an OBD port?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 10:07:40 PM »

get a real xp machine and make sure your cable works properly with that.

ECUx Plot

nattyS4

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 10:59:18 PM »

thanks for the reply,  Ill try and give that a shot.
nattyS4

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 11:01:11 PM »

yeah i followed the step by step in the wiki, plugged it in picked the slow speed etc and it said that.  If it is picking up the cable in ME7 does that mean my driver is set up correctly? or could their still be issues there?
mushtafa

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 08:39:41 AM »

I see what the the OP is saying, there is so much info scattered across the forum its hard to keep up. I must have spent several hours reading this week, hard trying to keep all the info in lol
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 10:05:25 AM »

I see what the the OP is saying, there is so much info scattered across the forum its hard to keep up. I must have spent several hours reading this week, hard trying to keep all the info in lol

Take notes, and when you have all the basic answers, post them here and make a new summarized FAQ Smiley

ECUx Plot

hopsis

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 11:06:00 AM »

I wouldn't be worried if you don't understand everything after a week. I've been reading this site and S4wiki for 6 months now. Still dont understand half of it but I'm slowly getting the basics covered.

No one has written a simple how-to because, well, this isn't simple stuff. It takes lots of reading, learning, understanding and above else, it takes a lot of time. Human brain cannot absorb this much new information all at once. Patience is a requirement. 
phila_dot

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 11:30:24 AM »

Is the ECU powered?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: