Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can someone confirm this cable please  (Read 5233 times)
mushtafa

« on: August 21, 2013, 12:15:52 AM »

Hello, need some help please. I bought this lead http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221217614402
I can't seem to get NefMoto to see the cable. I've tried the drivers supplied with the lead, and a driver I found on this site while downloading NefMoto.
The lead is running OK in Device Manager. The driver disc contained a version of Vag-Com. I was able to connect to the ECU with this.
Before I waste more time, am I fighting a losing battle with this lead?
Many Thanks, Chris
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 12:30:00 AM »

Open the device manager. Is the cable FTDI or CH based? If it's FTDI, it'll work. If it's CH, it will not.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
mushtafa

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 01:33:37 AM »

Where would I find that info within device manager? Is it in the main properties tab?
I will have a look, thanks
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 01:36:18 AM »

Find the cable in the device manager and select properties.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
mushtafa

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 08:37:51 AM »

Small update. Took my cable into work and tried on the laptop. (We use genuine VagCom on it). Nefmoto didn't see the cable and windows couldn't install drivers for the cable. (I thought they'd be the same as VagCom use?).
Anyway, tried our genuine cable in dumb mode, worked as expected.
Thanks for the help, but looks like the lead needs to go back.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: