Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: VDO encrypted 93C86 eeprom dump for restoring C5 A6/Allroad DEF clusters  (Read 19264 times)
path83

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2015, 08:23:44 AM »

Hello hytron,

Thanks for your help. I cant fix my problem.

I will write it as detailed as i can.

I can write your 01-03 file via EZP2010 Programmer with choosen Chip: Atmel93c86 16Bit(!) SOP8
I can read it out after programming it and it will show me the same file as the one you posted, so i think writing the chip is ok.

Then i put the cluster in the car:

No lights working ( I can Read Clock and Date and in the milage field FUSE  if i put a lamp on it )
I Can go through it via VAG Com ( Part Number is wrong and un readable, but i can start the output tests Analog outputs are NOT working, everything else is fine )
I Cant read or write it via VAG Dash Com
I CAN read it via K+Can commander ( the file i can read out isn´t the file i wrote to it via EZP2010 its just like .t.m.t.m.t.m and so on. )
If i want to write another file on it via K+Can he wrotes, but the cluster did not save it to the rom, no changes to before.
The FIS Display blinks the whole time ( it starts very bright and then fades out to dark, that repeats the whole time )
The Beeps for runing out of Gas light or low Batterie arent as loud as they normaly are.

Any ideas?
hytron

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 09:29:13 AM »

I have noticed that every time you turn ignition on and off, content of the eeprom changes...but only a few bits...I assume that is normal (talking about my 2006 TDI). I have also tried using VAG K+CAN and you cannot write a bin file into the cluster and expect it to work. Recently I have discovered that EEPROM is the one storing the mileage and VAG K+CAN will not restore it the right way. EEPROM programmer will do the job. I am not sure what the guys who wrote the software for VAG K+CAN were thinking...Made in China??? Not sure.

Make sure the cluster is off and not powered when you are restoring it. Also there are different clusters with different firmware versions which will not work if you use different eeprom content. For example I have two clusters from 2006 Jetta TDI and one is multifunction and the other is not...swapping content of eeproms makes clusters unusable, so the only way is to use the correct versions.

Remember while software errors are mostly the cause of problems, there could be also other components that have failed in your cluster.

path83

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 01:48:13 PM »

Tried it one more time today.

In my cluster from a 2003 ( i think ) A6 there is a Fairchild 93C86 inside. I can only Read or Write it in 16Bit mode ( FM93C86AM8 or FM93C86AN ) as selected chip. These are the same chips i think, the only difference is the typ SO or DIP.

Tried one more time to write DD´s image to the chip. I opend it in ECP2010 Tool and im not able to read a FIN or a Part number out of the selected File. Is this correct? With every other file opend im able to read a Part number or FIN in the lower Part of the file.

@hytron

Thanks for your help. Everytime i do changes on the chip i desolder it from the cluster so writing the chip while ignition is turned on is not possible for me.
path83

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2015, 02:29:22 PM »

Got a solution for my problem last week:

Throw it in the trash and buyed a new one Cheesy

Problem solved!
ruia4

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 01:55:45 PM »

i have restored 4 speedos at this moment. with FUSE in display... there is 9 versions of crypto files and speedo must have the same version. if someone have crypto files to this clocks we can share them and try to solve our problems.
BRMTDI

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2017, 07:08:34 AM »

I am getting FUSE message as well....does that mean bad write was put on cluster...I swapped EPROMS between Gauge Clusters.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: