Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: BBGANG help  (Read 18332 times)
userpike

« on: August 27, 2013, 10:00:28 AM »

Was wondering if anyone has had the need to change the parameters of this function for new gear ratios. I have built a custom gear box with a 4.23/1 final and "closer than stock" ratio gear set. I am a bit confused on what to do here because my def file has 8 values per gear instead of 2 like the FR explains.
I'm thinking most of them are not correctly defined but I'm completely unsure. Thanks for any insight on the matter.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 08:53:25 PM by userpike » Logged
ABCD

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 09:32:14 PM »

What problem you are facing?

BBGANG is ratio of : engine rpm/vehicle speed.

By chnagine gear ratio, see how vehicle speed changes for same engine rpm for each gear.
userpike

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 11:19:31 PM »

What problem you are facing?

BBGANG is ratio of : engine rpm/vehicle speed.

By chnagine gear ratio, see how vehicle speed changes for same engine rpm for each gear.

I understand what I need to do, I'm just not sure where. For each gear in my def file there are 8 (1x1) values per gear. only 2 are the required ones..?

each one of those 8 per gear have different values in them, 4 low and 4 high. we only need 2 per gear 1 low value and 1 hi value
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 11:43:39 PM »

Are you sure some of those aren't for variant coding?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
userpike

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 12:41:29 AM »

Are you sure some of those aren't for variant coding?

here are the IDs for 1st gear, the rest of the gears are similar

NVQUOT1O_0_A
NVQUOT1O_1_A
NVQUOT1O_2_A
NVQUOT1O_3_A

NVQUOT1U_0_A
NVQUOT1U_1_A
NVQUOT1U_2_A
NVQUOT1U_3_A

Are you talking about soft coding for different transmissions? If so, I get what you are implying here but the FR only talks about 3 different types of trans and one doesn't have gears per say because its a CVT. So the question is still unanswered as far as what the rest of these values are for. So we have manual and automatic but which are which? "ABC" order? And then the CVT, but probably doesn't use the different gear values in BBGANG I assume also. saying it does, there is still one set of hi and low values unaccounted for per gear.
jibberjive

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 09:21:39 PM »

I have changed the BBGANG values for switching allroad/S4 gear ratios. The values that I changed were the NVQUOTxO [x being the gear] and NVQUOTxU, like you are saying, and also AIMVM. I'm not sure which of those 4 values per gear is supposed to be changed, but if they are indeed just variant coding, it wouldn't hurt anything to code them all the same to your new gear ratios.
userpike

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 11:15:57 AM »

I have changed the BBGANG values for switching allroad/S4 gear ratios. The values that I changed were the NVQUOTxO [x being the gear] and NVQUOTxU, like you are saying, and also AIMVM. I'm not sure which of those 4 values per gear is supposed to be changed, but if they are indeed just variant coding, it wouldn't hurt anything to code them all the same to your new gear ratios.

lol I also have 4 AIMVM's. They have the same value though. (3.50070)

Thanks for sharing jibberjive!  Have you logged to see if gangi is showing what you expect?
jibberjive

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 07:46:43 PM »

lol I also have 4 AIMVM's. They have the same value though. (3.50070)

Thanks for sharing jibberjive!  Have you logged to see if gangi is showing what you expect?
Yup, logging shows the correct gear and speed whereas before it was incorrect.
userpike

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 04:37:09 PM »

Yup, logging shows the correct gear and speed whereas before it was incorrect.

I'm assuming I'm supposed to use the rpm value in NGANGMIN for the formula to figure out NVQUOTxU_0_A. In my case, 400 rpm, unless I change it. doing the math: 400rpm)/(5km/h = 80, which is the stock value for NVQUOT1U_0_A in my ori file So I assume for all the NVQUOTxU_0_A parameters, the rpm value in the formula should be 400rpm.(or specifically whatever the value NGANGMIN is)

As for the NVQUOTxO_0_A values, what rpm did you use for the formula? I looked over the FR again and again. I don't see where to look to figure this out.

I guess I could take the values from the five gears and "trial and error" my way into figuring the rpm to use, again assuming they all use the same value. 

jibberjive

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 06:21:04 PM »

My situation was a little bit different, as my gears weren't custom.  I basically just took the values from a different file that had the correct values for my transmission etc.  It's been a while since I looked at the function it in depth, but I'll take a look a little later to see if it sparks any thoughts.
ddillenger

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 06:23:09 PM »

My situation was a little bit different, as my gears weren't custom.  I basically just took the values from a different file that had the correct values for my transmission etc.  It's been a while since I looked at the function it in depth, but I'll take a look a little later to see if it sparks any thoughts.

Hey Jib,care to send me a stock M-box with the allroad specific gearing changes? Save me some hassle digging for them. You have my email.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jibberjive

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 06:40:16 PM »

For the stock 6-speed allroad 01E? Or are you dealing with a 6-speed swapped allroad that has an S4/A6 tranny?
ddillenger

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 06:43:24 PM »

M-box with allroad gearing.

As in, a stock allroad running an M-box.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jibberjive

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 07:59:23 PM »

M-box with allroad gearing.

As in, a stock allroad running an M-box.
6-speed or auto?
ddillenger

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 08:22:49 PM »

6 speed.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: