Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How is WOT fueling calculated, sorry..  (Read 8139 times)
omniscient

« on: August 29, 2013, 11:05:58 PM »

I've been reading and playing with OLS for two days now with some ME7 files, I've started to get a grasp on the way it works.  I'm used to the late 80's - mid 90's Motronics found on BMWs with a low and high MAF table and a separate WOT column.  Perhaps I'm just over thinking it?  Do KFLBTS and LAMFA just control low - high load and WOT is based solely on MAF readings and injector constant or are those two tables responsible for fueling from 0-100% throttle?  I'm not looking for easy answers, I'm just driving myself nuts.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 11:08:02 PM »

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Open_loop_AFR

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
omniscient

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 11:44:21 PM »

Right on!  Thank you!  I notice on different DME's it looks like LAMFA has less of a priority than BTS.  Does this mean that particular DME pretty much relies on the BTS tables since the threshold is a mere 400c?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 11:52:03 PM »

ME7 has no "priority" for open loop fueling. Lowest target lambda always wins.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 12:02:14 AM »

Right on!  Thank you!  I notice on different DME's it looks like LAMFA has less of a priority than BTS.  Does this mean that particular DME pretty much relies on the BTS tables since the threshold is a mere 400c?

Check out the M-box (S4 8D0907551M), LAMFA is disabled via the axis scaling.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 12:09:32 AM »

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#LAMFAW

"LAMFA - requested lambda. Not very flexible for high load enrichment, uses requested load instead of actual load. Also, the stock LAMFA load axis is (incorrectly) restricted to 0.5%-1.0%. You will have to change it to full range (50%-100%) to use LAMFA, otherwise, the 1% column will be used at ALL requested load points!"

ECUx Plot

omniscient

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 07:30:59 PM »

Thanks, guys!  I really appreciate the input!  So far this stuff doesn't seem much more difficult than the older stuff.
omniscient

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 11:07:42 PM »

So with optimum crank angle, that map is used when lambda = 1 and then it switches to the other timing map for any <1 conditions?
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 11:19:45 PM »

So with optimum crank angle, that map is used when lambda = 1 and then it switches to the other timing map for any <1 conditions?

KFZWOP/2 are used in the torque model, not actual timing. Current timing is compared against optimum (the values in KFZWOP) to determine ignition angle efficiency.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
omniscient

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 11:56:55 PM »

Confusion sets in.  So is KFZWOP the theoretical angle for optimum torque, which isn't possible due to physics of a turbo engine?  I'm reading about "KFZWOP/KFMDS - Re-interpolate if you alter the KFMIOP load axis" trying to figure out it's relation to KFMIOP.
ddillenger

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 12:09:52 AM »

You have it correct.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
omniscient

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 08:06:35 AM »

So what is KWZFOP's weight in the calculation?  If I wanted to change the timing would I alter KFZW and KFZWOP?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 10:24:58 AM »

So what is KWZFOP's weight in the calculation?  If I wanted to change the timing would I alter KFZW and KFZWOP?

short answer, KFZW

long answer, you need to read up on torque based EFI systems Tongue

ECUx Plot

omniscient

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 10:07:44 PM »

That's what I'm doing now.  It's really a personal goal but I'd also like to be able to offer my customers an option other than standard re-flashing with the newer Motronic stuff.  I'm not a fan at all of off the shelf tunes and chips, I'd eventually like to be able to tune these cars like I would any other.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: