Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Convert from returnless fuel system  (Read 32286 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2020, 04:03:30 PM »

Can anyone help me in changing the return software? I mounted the return ramp and pressure regulator on an A4 BFB and the car sometimes emits smoke at idle. I tried to understand what is written here but I don't really understand.

Good thing you were so specific about what you need help with.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
cessnas

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2020, 11:46:32 AM »

Can anyone help me in changing the return software? I mounted the return ramp and pressure regulator on an A4 BFB and the car sometimes emits smoke at idle. I tried to understand what is written here but I don't really understand.

You dont need to change anything in the ECU software. I've done the conversion myself with no issues. If youve got smoke at warmup you might want to tweak warmup enrichment via KFFWL
prj

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2020, 11:58:25 AM »

You dont need to change anything in the ECU software.
LOL.
Just like you don't need to change anything in the software for injectors and MAF, just fit bigger injectors and bigger MAF and everything works, am I right?

Of course you need to change ECU configuration. On returnless there's a multiplier to rkti based on ps_w. DUH.
Fueling on boost will be WAY too rich.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Blazius

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2020, 12:14:26 PM »

You do need to change stuff in non return to return conversion because injector pressure is calculated different on those, as said look at rkti module and such.
cessnas

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2020, 12:54:56 PM »

My bad, thought you didnt really need to change anything else than FKKVS. I didnt have any problems with it, just changed FKKVS to all 0.
You guys have more experience with it than i have so no doubt that youre correct  Grin
mihail171994

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2020, 05:59:28 AM »

I apologize for the spelling mistakes, I don't know English very well. After mounting the return system, lambda up to 3000 rpm, I see a very rich mixture (over 1.1), this with a 3 bar regulator and at a very high speed, it remains poor and cuts the acceleration. Sometimes, at idle it emits a lot of smoke and the lambda is very high at that moment. I will study the problem in the previous discussions in order to understand exactly what it is about, until then I will mount the returnless system because it is a daily car. I apologize if I bothered anyone
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2020, 06:09:14 AM »

Frlfsdp or something like that
1.1 is a lean mixture
Jorgeminator

Golf MkIV 1.8T AUM

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2020, 06:10:55 AM »

After mounting the return system, lambda up to 3000 rpm, I see a very rich mixture (over 1.1), this with a 3 bar regulator and at a very high speed, it remains poor and cuts the acceleration.

That's a LEAN mixture. If you're asking for power at that lambda the ECU will definitely cut the power to save the engine.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 06:14:27 AM by Jorgeminator » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: