Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fuel Flow Measurement  (Read 5417 times)
cray54

« on: September 08, 2013, 09:10:07 PM »

What is considered the most accurate way to measure fuel flow using a data logger?

I have only used VCDS logging at this point.  The time stamps are variable enough when using multiple variables (Actual Lambda and Mass Air Flow) that the calculations to not correlate well with Injection Timing.

I'm currently working with a 2000 Audi A4 1.8T (ATW Engine).  I plan to start using ME7Logger.

Thanks,
Chris
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 09:12:26 PM »

What is considered the most accurate way to measure fuel flow using a data logger?

injector on time

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
julex

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 05:37:57 AM »

injector on time

In conjunction with RPMs of course. Each cylinder filled RPM/60/2 times a second with a given injection pulse...
pablo53

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 04:42:42 PM »

Or, for instance if there is an issue with achieving correct fuel pressure, it can be derived from actual AFR and MAF:

Fuel injector volumetric flow in cc/min = 60 * MAF / AFR actual / fuel density / # of cylinders

Fuel system volumetric flow in LPH = 3.6 * (mass airflow / AFR actual / fuel density)

Assuming correct MAF scaling or correction via MAF * 1 + % underscaled

Edit: I'm an idiot and missed part of your op.   Obviously you'd want a wideband and logging software with a good sample rate.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 06:56:07 PM by pablo53 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: