Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Full Read - Car Won't Start (2004 2.7TQM A6)  (Read 10026 times)
brandn3w

« on: September 13, 2013, 01:06:36 PM »

It's pretty simple...

It's a bone stock A6 and I read performed a Full Read Flash and it failed twice so I lowered the Baud rate and after trying it again it worked and I got a 100% read!  I then saved and disconnected then went to start the car and it just cranks and doesn't fire.  A little frustrated and not looking forward to a bench flash in boot mode and wouldn't have even probably went this direction had I known I'd now have a disabled car lol 

Can I flash on a new file or the stock one again?

Reset taking battery terminal off for 2 minutes?

Anything aside from a bench flash in boot mode?

Thanks...
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 01:28:08 PM »

If you scan the engine, you'll probably have a programming not finished DTC. You're going to need to write the R-box file to your ecu. Same process as full read, but full write. If it fails, do not turn the key off, instead just keep reconnecting. It'll work. Use the settings you used for the full read.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
brandn3w

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 01:28:47 PM »

Flashed my stock saved .bin back onto the ECU and still nothing.  I read back through a long e-mail conversation Daz and I had and I forgot how he had mentioned that reading the ECU will make the car inoperable; however, he had a 551R file that he would code out EGT and rear O2s and send to me to flash.

I should have read his messages from before, I was a little panicked, ha.  Grin  So I guess I'm going to wait to get that file from him and try to reflash the car with it.  This site/software is really nice BTW, and if anyone wants to make that file for me and save Daz some more of my pestering I (and I'm sure he as well would appreciate it)!
brandn3w

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 01:31:08 PM »

If you scan the engine, you'll probably have a programming not finished DTC. You're going to need to write the R-box file to your ecu. Same process as full read, but full write. If it fails, do not turn the key off, instead just keep reconnecting. It'll work. Use the settings you used for the full read.

It's like you're in my brain, sorry for not reading our old e-mail messages, man.  I trust you just thought I messed something up after getting it all figured out, ha!
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 01:38:11 PM »

Lol-no worries. I'll set you up, but for now, get the R-box I uploaded above flashed to get you operational.

Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
brandn3w

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 01:39:57 PM »

Lol-no worries. I'll set you up, but for now, get the R-box I uploaded above flashed to get you operational.

Smiley

Will do!  Should have done this when I was in the garage lol now it may rain and I'm stuck outside ha.  Sent you an e-mail, FYI.  Thanks again.
b4A4nowA6

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 03:54:44 AM »

Hello, Is anyone there lol...  I was wondering what happened with your car? Did you upload the R tune? Did anyone hook you up with a tune for your car?    I want to tune my 03 BEL 6spd but I have not seen any on here yet. Only thing I have seen is flashing a stock R file or S file..
stuklr

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 05:14:43 AM »

There is a full xdf for the 551R in the definitions section That Nyet posted. You will also need the MTX plug-in. Works great. The full xdf is a little excessive for most, but its all there. Between that and the S4 tuning wiki you can do just about anything with your BEL car. Just make sure you only ever use a 551R file. The 551S does not flash properly.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=613.0
_nameless

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 07:11:18 AM »

I want to tune my 03 BEL 6spd but I have not seen any on here yet. Only thing I have seen is flashing a stock R file or S file..
You mean " I want someone to give me a tune..." read and make one yourself

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 07:58:44 AM »

SOrry but how did that happen ? Reading shouldnt cause this. Maybe ECU is in programming mode because you forgot to disconnect after Read ? I am trying to figure oute why did that happen

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
terminator

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 04:07:36 PM »

Even identifying can cause it. DTC "programming not finished" is the reason. ME7 has this DTC inside eeprom, so you cant delete it via VAG COM. Probably dealer can.
I read a lot of ME7.5 with Galletto2 and sometimes cars didnt start and this is not problem with flasher.
After flashing tuned file everything should be fine.
stuklr

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 04:37:02 PM »

SOrry but how did that happen ? Reading shouldnt cause this. Maybe ECU is in programming mode because you forgot to disconnect after Read ? I am trying to figure oute why did that happen

The nefmoto program doesn't properly exit after reading the 551S flashes. That is why the first step DD and others have always said, flash to a 551R file first, then make changes. Its better defined anyway and identical. 

I have had this issue on B6 A4's with the 518K ecu's. Just have to read again or write something to the ecu and hope nefmoto closes the programming session properly.
b4A4nowA6

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 03:45:16 AM »

There is a full xdf for the 551R in the definitions section That Nyet posted. You will also need the MTX plug-in. Works great. The full xdf is a little excessive for most, but its all there. Between that and the S4 tuning wiki you can do just about anything with your BEL car. Just make sure you only ever use a 551R file. The 551S does not flash properly.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=613.0
Thanks for your advice. I will make sure to get the MTX plug in.   Helpful information goes a long way.
b4A4nowA6

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 03:55:53 AM »

You mean " I want someone to give me a tune..." read and make one yourself
I most likely will end up making one myself... Funny though how many files there are floating around on this site, people seem to look at them and adjust them how they need to in order to customize to their car. Look at how many times some of these files have been downloaded, but  I guess I am the ass. Have you never asked for any help or advice on here? or are you the creator and know everything and your job is to just simply tell people to "read"?  Either way thanks for wasting my time even reading and responding to your comment.   
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 04:50:00 AM »

The nefmoto program doesn't properly exit after reading the 551S flashes. That is why the first step DD and others have always said, flash to a 551R file first, then make changes. Its better defined anyway and identical. 

I have had this issue on B6 A4's with the 518K ecu's. Just have to read again or write something to the ecu and hope nefmoto closes the programming session properly.

thank you ! Smiley

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: