Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
Author Topic: Launch Control & No Lift Shift new Functions  (Read 205161 times)
terminator

« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2015, 04:55:44 PM »

EPC on me7.1 is no problem, if I'm right, you need to change about two routines. But ME7.5 is another story)
gt-innovation

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2015, 02:42:36 AM »

From what i tested it seems to me that they work the same me7.1 and me7.5.

I do not need to change any routines in the existing code i just added mine in the start of the launch control code.it worked for me without saving something in memory but i need a flag in order to have that code working only if it sets the ecpl on.
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2015, 11:12:58 PM »

https://youtu.be/BIBkyC3r6DE  because launch control is nothing without a launch  Grin
It's pretty brutal for a campervan, but it actually launches the best for sprints this way Wink

fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2015, 03:44:40 AM »

badass  Grin
LEMan

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2015, 12:21:00 PM »

Nice going! Still haven't got mine working properly yet....
vwaudiguy

« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2015, 02:24:23 PM »

Nice job TijnCU! Thanks for posting an actual launch.  Smiley

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
vwnut8392

« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2015, 02:05:06 PM »

i've been trying to figure out how to change the launch control routine so that it ignores the wheel speed and uses the set button on the cruise control stalk to enable it only. i want a form of rolling launch control for a GT30 powered 1.8T im building now. i want to be able to build boost during roll races, like not pressing the clutch, full throttle with set button pressed to load the engine/turbo and once the set button is released its full bore in boost. you could also use simply hold the set button and press full throttle while stationary as well to use launch control once the set button was released it would be disable launch control and go.

i started a thread on it but people probably think i just want it to backfire while rolling and thats not what im after.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=8968.0

what i dont understand is how the code redirects to the ram variables for example the first part as soon as the routine is accessed is to check the ram to see of the clutch switch is pressed. the hex for that first point is 9A 27 13 30.
than it heads toward either launch control or NLS depending on if the pedal is pressed.

well my idea is to make the entry point be based off of RPM first so that if its below say 4500rpm it goes to the launch control side and if its above 4500 rpm it jumps to the NLS side. on the launch control side if below 4500rpm the next thing i think it should check to see if the ram variable is on or off and if on it compares nmot_w to the predefined RPM and than goes to launch control. as for the NLS side i think it could just be left alone. also im not sure what ram variable is for the set button on the cruise control stalk. 

the potential ones i found that could be the set button in my .ECU file are....
S_fgrat
S_fgrhs
S_fgrsv
S_fgrwb

So if you anyone can shed some light on accomplishing this that would be great.

also im not a 100% sure what the launch control does exactly but it seems like it just interrupts the the signal to the coils with no timing retard at all. i could be right and i could be wrong. im just thinking about how this works compared to real launch control in standalone ECU's like VEMS where it retards timing but keeps fuel enrichment till a target RPM 4500 than once that RPM is achieved it keeps retarding timing and interrupts the ignition signal. i had an idea if somehow the launch control routine could start by following (KFZWMN Map for minimal ignition angle) or a similar add on map to tune the timing retard than once it gets to the target RPM for launch control it than interrupts the the ignition signal for the real launch control effect. just ideas i have and im willing to work with them and test them if someone is willing to teach me a little more about how the added code accesses the ram and all that such.
gt-innovation

« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2015, 12:26:17 PM »

i've been trying to figure out how to change the launch control routine so that it ignores the wheel speed and uses the set button on the cruise control stalk to enable it only. i want a form of rolling launch control for a GT30 powered 1.8T im building now. i want to be able to build boost during roll races, like not pressing the clutch, full throttle with set button pressed to load the engine/turbo and once the set button is released its full bore in boost. you could also use simply hold the set button and press full throttle while stationary as well to use launch control once the set button was released it would be disable launch control and go.

i started a thread on it but people probably think i just want it to backfire while rolling and thats not what im after.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=8968.0

what i dont understand is how the code redirects to the ram variables for example the first part as soon as the routine is accessed is to check the ram to see of the clutch switch is pressed. the hex for that first point is 9A 27 13 30.
than it heads toward either launch control or NLS depending on if the pedal is pressed.

well my idea is to make the entry point be based off of RPM first so that if its below say 4500rpm it goes to the launch control side and if its above 4500 rpm it jumps to the NLS side. on the launch control side if below 4500rpm the next thing i think it should check to see if the ram variable is on or off and if on it compares nmot_w to the predefined RPM and than goes to launch control. as for the NLS side i think it could just be left alone. also im not sure what ram variable is for the set button on the cruise control stalk. 

the potential ones i found that could be the set button in my .ECU file are....
S_fgrat
S_fgrhs
S_fgrsv
S_fgrwb

So if you anyone can shed some light on accomplishing this that would be great.

also im not a 100% sure what the launch control does exactly but it seems like it just interrupts the the signal to the coils with no timing retard at all. i could be right and i could be wrong. im just thinking about how this works compared to real launch control in standalone ECU's like VEMS where it retards timing but keeps fuel enrichment till a target RPM 4500 than once that RPM is achieved it keeps retarding timing and interrupts the ignition signal. i had an idea if somehow the launch control routine could start by following (KFZWMN Map for minimal ignition angle) or a similar add on map to tune the timing retard than once it gets to the target RPM for launch control it than interrupts the the ignition signal for the real launch control effect. just ideas i have and im willing to work with them and test them if someone is willing to teach me a little more about how the added code accesses the ram and all that such.

You can study the multimap code from phila_dot in order to understand how to manipulate the set or reset buttons from cruise control.

You just need S_fgrsv(set) . But how are you going to overcome the misfire/knock detection algorithm?  for building boost you can also check the brake boosting trick as long as you have a good clutch..

The current launch control code engages when the dwell time is set at a point that will not produce any spark.. that is why you set nmot to 0.0 or 0.1 .
prj

« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2015, 01:58:35 PM »

But how are you going to overcome the misfire/knock detection algorithm?
I am surprised at this question, because for someone who knows what he is doing this takes 5 minutes.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
sonique

« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2015, 01:58:57 PM »

Sorry is still in testing Sad
No Release without perfect results.

maybe any good news now ?
gt-innovation

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2015, 03:58:27 AM »

I am surprised at this question, because for someone who knows what he is doing this takes 5 minutes.

Not disabling that completely but only for this period.i Have not studied that part of the code and i am addressing this issue since it will be much harder then manipulating the set signal or at least i think it would be harder.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 04:07:54 AM by gt-innovation » Logged
vwnut8392

« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2015, 10:40:34 AM »

You can study the multimap code from phila_dot in order to understand how to manipulate the set or reset buttons from cruise control.

You just need S_fgrsv(set) . But how are you going to overcome the misfire/knock detection algorithm?  for building boost you can also check the brake boosting trick as long as you have a good clutch..

The current launch control code engages when the dwell time is set at a point that will not produce any spark.. that is why you set nmot to 0.0 or 0.1 .

Thank you for the info! i looked into it and seen i could test my cruise control stalk with VCDS measuring block 066 so i did and for some odd reason my set button doesnt directly feed back to the ECU, i think the cruise switch has to be on for the set button to be functional because the cruise works in my test dummy car.

the attached pic is what i see as far as the add on launch control code.  i figured i could edit/remove when it compares the wheel speed to the ram and replace that with the set button instead but i guess i have to figure out why the set button isnt registering in VCDS first and cure that problem.
gt-innovation

« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2015, 02:43:46 AM »

You can use me7logger which is much better for logging anything.
vwnut8392

« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2015, 10:10:24 AM »

my cheapo ebay VAG cable went missing a few months ago and i've neglected to order another one. i'll get another one here eventually.

i was messing with the cruise control stalk in VCDS again on group 066 and it turns out that the ECU only recognizes the set button when the cruise control switch is turned on. i guess thats normal and the proper why for it to work from the factory and i dont think it will hamper the usage of it this way but it will actually add another layer of safety so no one can accidently enable the feature plus on some cars when the cruise switch is on it also lights the cruise indicatior on the dash so that would also remind you that the launch control is enabled and to shut the switch off.

i got this idea from a friend who own an alpha 12 nissan GTR with rolling launch control. here is a video of what the nissan tuners did with the GTR and its whole purpose.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iebn4q_QU68

i did something similar to this on my URS6 avant as a test and on my AAN swapped audi 4000 quattro running on VEMS. on the URS6 im using a combo of factory internal ignition map switching and an N2MB WOT box so i get the same effect as real launch control found in most standalone ECU's which is start with timing retard and keep adding fuel till the launch RPM is achieved which is done with the ECU map switching and than once the launch RPM is achieved the WOT BOX interrupts the 12V power to the coils thus large explosions and backfiring. i use the set button on the cruise control stalk to enable the feature which instantly make the ECU switch maps and than the WOT BOX is enabled by the set button and throttle pedal position along with engine RPM.

The VEMS on the other hand i simply replaced the clutch switch with the set button and left the rest of it alone. but basically i made my shade tree setup on my URS6 with how the VEMS works in mind. i havn't had a chance to test the 4000 yet rolling but the URS6 rolling 60mph and enabling the rolling launch control on the stock K24 sends that little turbo to 22psi almost instantly. im stalling a holset HX35 on my 4000 here soon so that will be a pretty good lazy spooling turbo to test with rolling. basically i like the option of having this when you have a far larger than stock turbo on your ME7 powered car and that guy in the corvette next to you thinks he has the advantage rolling because of turbo lag. well think again chevy boy lol.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 10:36:25 AM by vwnut8392 » Logged
prj

« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2015, 09:39:12 AM »

Not disabling that completely but only for this period.i Have not studied that part of the code and i am addressing this issue since it will be much harder then manipulating the set signal or at least i think it would be harder.
I am not stupid, I understood exactly what you said the first time, and I meant what I said.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: