Pages: [1]
Author Topic: help needed with boost control  (Read 9123 times)
Spiacy

« on: October 07, 2013, 07:21:25 AM »

Hello,
I'm beginer in tuning ME7.5 and I can't adjust boost control correctly.

The car is Skoda Octavia with AUM 1.8t 20v engine (150hp in stock), actually equipped with: cylinder head and cams from naturally aspirated engine (ADR), K04 turbo, wastegate actuator with hard spring, MAF sensor from Audi S3 and DEKA 630cc injectors.

Problem is that actual boost is much higher than reqested, and it fluctuates. I made some modifications with LDRXN, KFLDRAPP, KFLDRL, PID options (also tried to enable LDDIMNN), but i don't get any positive effects.

My target is to get 1,2bar of boost, wastegate is set to 0,75bar (engine runs at 0,75 bar of boost when N75 DC=0).

Car was tuned before by "profesional" tuner with very bad results, below 4000rpm engine was running lambda=1 even though there was 1bar of boost, and there was also problems with fluctuating boost pressure.

Please look at my file and please help me. I can't get any good starting point to make fine tune.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 12:53:44 PM by Spiacy » Logged
terminator

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 11:10:10 AM »

Let me guess! Chinese turbo?  Wink
maZer.GTi

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 11:43:15 PM »

Hello,
I'm beginer in tuning ME7.5 and I can't adjust boost control correctly.

The car is Skoda Octavia with AUM 1.8t 20v engine (150hp in stock), actually equipped with: cylinder head and cams from naturally aspirated engine (ADR), K04 turbo, wastegate actuator with hard spring, MAF sensor from Audi S3 and DEKA 630cc injectors.

Problem is that actual boost is much higher than reqested, and it fluctuates. I made some modifications with LDRXN, KFLDRAPP, KFLDRL, PID options (also tried to enable LDDIMNN), but i don't get any positive effects.

My target is to get 1,2bar of boost, wastegate is set to 0,75bar (engine runs at 0,75 bar of boost when N75 DC=0).

Car was tuned before by "profesional" tuner with very bad results, below 4000rpm engine was running lambda=1 even though there was 1bar of boost, and there was also problems with fluctuating boost pressure.

Please look at my file and please help me. I can't get any good starting point to make fine tune.

Maybe you can Upload a logfile with rpm, req_boost, act_boost, wgdc.
Its easier to help if people can see what happening.

Spiacy

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 01:04:14 PM »

Finally I updated attachment in first post (log added and some changes in tune).

I suspect the problem is with integral part of PID regulator (also I request a little to much boost at bottom end). I would like to limit maximal integral correction, but filling LDDIMXN with 0 doesn't give any restults. Maybe I have bad LDDIMXN adres in map pack, or there is another way to do that?
terminator

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 06:34:29 PM »

Is it original K04 or chinese K04?
Spiacy

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 03:00:03 AM »

It is original K04 (used - removed from S3). It was running very well before engine rebild (in those days cams and cylinder head was stock from AUM engine, also wastegate actuator was stock).
maZer.GTi

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 08:22:54 AM »

It is original K04 (used - removed from S3). It was running very well before engine rebild (in those days cams and cylinder head was stock from AUM engine, also wastegate actuator was stock).

First take a look what you did with your lamfa map !
reset the full lamfa area to stock and redefine map like my second screenshot!
And retry with Original PID Settings.
adam-

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 12:33:00 PM »

What is with the massive % request?  Isn't the x axis pedal %?!

If so, you can't get 180+% requested pedal.

Agree'd that your lamfa in your first table is horrible, it's waaayy too lean.  What is it with people and not wanting to burn fuel?!  Get that motherfecker rich as hell!

I'd have what Mazer has in the table, but not in the axis values.
maZer.GTi

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 08:03:15 PM »

What is with the massive % request?  Isn't the x axis pedal %?!

If so, you can't get 180+% requested pedal.

Agree'd that your lamfa in your first table is horrible, it's waaayy too lean.  What is it with people and not wanting to burn fuel?!  Get that motherfecker rich as hell!

I'd have what Mazer has in the table, but not in the axis values.

My Screenshot is showing only stock vs Tuned version of Spiacy, just wanted to tell that the lamfa map was not correctly assigned by Spiacy.
B234R

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 10:51:09 AM »

The LAMFA x axis is "relative drivers wish torque or torque requested by cruise control".
The Keyword being relative!
100% is the max value.

Please try to understand the system properly before messing it up.
Spiacy

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 02:43:16 AM »

Thank's for explanationa of the LAMFA.

Stock PID setting worked very badly with this car.

I've alrady solved problem by limitig integral regulation via KFLDIMX, and and a little bit increasing the proportional regulation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: