Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: APR requesting logs of blocks that cannot be logged with vag-com  (Read 18260 times)
SB_GLI

Hey all.  I've been working with APR for quite some time now, and we've been trying to figure out why the flash is not requesting load/boost above what a stock ecu would.  I've sent a bunch of logs to APR with no resolution yet.  Now, they want me to log a particular value that cannot be logged with VCDS, or so they say.  They say that their "ECU Explorer" tool will log it, but they no longer make cables that work.  Short of writing a patch for the VCDS drivers to get this information, which they are willing to do, it cannot be obtained.

Is is possible to log this information with another logger tool, such as nefmoto?

This is what they said:

"Basically where we are at is we need more logs of a couple of particular values that VCDS wont actually log.

So basically that left us with two options. One would be to get the car here so we could log the vehicle with ECU Explorer 2, which I realize isn't a great option. The second option is to get you a copy of the original ECU Explorer as I verified last week that the load values we are looking for are in ECU Explorer.

However the downside with the original ECU Explorer is that A. we don't make the cables for these anymore, and B. the VCDS Cables that will work are usually just serial cables. Some people have had success with using the USB cables in the past however with the new drivers that VCDS has it will block information from ECU Explorer. I took a look at ECU Explorer and the VCDS Drivers this weekend, and with some work I believe I can patch either the drivers or ECU Explorer to get it working but it will take some time."

I asked for details on what exactly I needed to log, and that perhaps by using other loggers I could get this info, to which they replied:

"The value were looking for is one of the main Torque values.  This stems from the torque manager section of the ECU and the main input its called: milsol_w"

Can anyone steer me in the correct direction?

Thanks!

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 11:56:05 AM »

They should have told you to use ME7Logger.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
n0ble

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 11:14:49 PM »

Why have Ross-tech decided not to log this?
adam-

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 03:50:57 AM »

Because it's a variable within the ECU, people don't usually need to log this kinda stuff..
SB_GLI

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 05:55:09 AM »

So I was able to use ME7Logger (what an awesome tool), but I did not see milsol_w as a value that I could log.  I found misol_w (Resulting Nominal Torque) and logged that.  Is milsol_w a variable, or a typo by the APR rep?

I used the original "R" bin file I found on here to generate the template and ecu file.

Does anyone have any ideas for what else to log for APR?  My problem is that the requested load from this tune is same as stock.  I've verified identical load requests on another stock A6 as a baseline.

I've attached the log that I took last night.  That'd be real sweet someone on here can help me identify APR's issue before they can!
SB_GLI

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 06:10:57 AM »

Here's the ecu file that was generated from the "Audi A6 allroad 2.7T BEL 250HP 4Z7907551R.ori" bin file.  No milsol_w.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 09:56:12 AM »

probably misol, as you said.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
SB_GLI

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 10:57:18 AM »

probably misol, as you said.

APR was able to help me out on this one.  I will be adding this line to my ecu file to log milsol_w

Code:
milsol_w        , {Driver-req torque cyl. charge}   , 0x38251A,  2,  0x0000, {%}       , 0, 0,   0.00152588,      0, {Fahrermomentenwunsch für Füllung}
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 10:59:20 AM »

Interesting! Thanks for the update, and i'm very glad to hear APR is willing to help you with ME7Logger. Thats very awesome.

ECUx Plot

SB_GLI

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 12:08:18 PM »

Interesting! Thanks for the update, and i'm very glad to hear APR is willing to help you with ME7Logger. Thats very awesome.

The other option was that they were going to hack the vagcom drivers so we could use it with their proprietary "ECU Explorer" tool.  I don't think they knew anything about ME7Logger.  I showed them the program and the ecu file and told them I needed the address for milsol_w and he was able to get that info from someplace else.

APR is still working with me on this one, and now that I've figured out how to use ME7Logger, it's gonna be just that much easier!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 12:30:08 PM »

The other option was that they were going to hack the vagcom drivers so we could use it with their proprietary "ECU Explorer" tool.  I don't think they knew anything about ME7Logger

Hopefully you can convince them that ME7L is superior.. especially since they aren't keeping ECUx up to date.

ECUx Plot

SB_GLI

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 03:17:49 PM »

Hopefully you can convince them that ME7L is superior.. especially since they aren't keeping ECUx up to date.

I'm so pumped about ME7L that I think I am going to work on making an even better GUI for it.  Smiley
julex

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 07:11:27 AM »

EcuX works with any generic cable me7 logger or Nefmoto Flash does, just an FYI. An you can obtain a hacked copy from here:

http://www.socals4.com/

But then the me7 logger is so much better Smiley
SB_GLI

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 09:45:38 AM »

EcuX works with any generic cable me7 logger or Nefmoto Flash does, just an FYI. An you can obtain a hacked copy from here:

http://www.socals4.com/

But then the me7 logger is so much better Smiley

But who wouldn't love an open source GUI to ME7Logger that the community can build upon?  I am going to try to find time to start making a basic framework in .Net in the up coming days here.

Oh... and btw, as of last night, it looks like APR found the problem in their tune.  I shall find out once I get the new file and load it onto my ecu, but based on the correspondence from APR, it's pretty promising!  Thanks ME7Logger! couldn't have done it without you!
SB_GLI

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 05:17:03 PM »

I got a fixed tune from APR today!   Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: