Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Read/Write EDC15P 1.9TDI 115CV  (Read 4692 times)
n0ble

« on: October 27, 2013, 09:14:48 AM »

Hi,

Today I agreed to help a guy out at work and have is file tuned.

The car is actually a Ford Galaxy 2004.

I have MPPS and selected Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI Bosch EDC15 K-line, it states in the comments box to use slow speed, so I selected "Speed Options" - "Slow (Recovery Mode)".
When I hit ECU ID it the ID without issue, upon pressing read it hung a little then appeared with a message advising to remove fuse 11, I removed fused 11 and it did not take the clocks out or allow me to read.
I removed the appropriate fuses according to the fuse card and the clocks were still on, so I then proceeded to remove each fuse 1 by 1 to no avail. The clocks were still on which I find very strange.

Anyway, I then tried one last thing.
I clicked "Read Options" and then "Full Read (Kline Only) and then hit read again and it read out the whole file of 512kb.

My 2 questions:
1. Will this read be OK?
2. Am I likely to experience issues writing back to the ECU.

Any tips or help is appreciated.
k0mpresd

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 09:35:31 AM »

on vag edc15 i either remove fuse 11, 21, or 15, maybe sometimes a combination of the 2. usually just whatever happens to work while im sitting in the car.
but if it reads ok then it should flash ok.
n0ble

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 09:57:00 AM »

Sorry its not a 115cv its a 130cv but that makes no difference to my question lol.

As it's a ford the fuse card does not seem to be the same as VAG, even though its basically a VAG with a ford badge.

Maybe I was looking for the wrong thing, I was expecting all the clocks and MFD, fuel gauge etc to go off when removing fuses but it didn't so I assumed that I was not taking out the fuse for the clocks.

When writing back to the ECU do you still need to remove a fuse or is this only for reading?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: