Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18
Author Topic: VisualME7Logger CodePlex Project  (Read 239162 times)
QuickS4

« Reply #240 on: December 14, 2019, 06:49:37 PM »

just got an idea while reviewing the log within Visual logger. Would be nice to be able to deselect variables without having to click each variable to open and uncheck the box.  If the box could be placed next to the variable title, going through the log selecting specific things you want to view would be a bit quicker.  SB_GLI do you think this would be possible?

How would I figure out what calculation I need to create an expression to view MAF voltage and G/S on the log similar to EcuXplot? Meaning my Maf g/s shoot way above the voltage, so there's considerable separation in between but more importantly they're not the same arc. I'm not sure what the math or expression would be to attempt this. 

I've attached the same logs, one in ECUxplot and the other in visual logger.

Thanks!
bamofo

« Reply #241 on: January 03, 2020, 10:13:16 AM »

When i get the logger running and it goes to open a session i get a closed connection and it says Error 4. is that the ECU rejecting the connection request?
q_dubz

« Reply #242 on: February 24, 2020, 10:10:37 PM »

When i get the logger running and it goes to open a session i get a closed connection and it says Error 4. is that the ECU rejecting the connection request?
if that's the error I'm thinking of, I have to open the engine module in VCDS FIRST, then I can start my VME7L log. Weird and annoying, I guess it opens the can gateway allowing comms or something.
d4rt0n

« Reply #243 on: April 07, 2020, 11:36:17 AM »

After using the ME7Logger utility, I realized it's pure greatness and wanted to start an open source GUI program to make it even more useful.

I've already finished the basic parsing routines, and created a class library that will make it easy for developers to interact with the ME7Logger session and allow for easy, real-time display and/or processing of the output.  As an example, I've created basic form that allows for starting and stopping of a log session, and displaying all the logged variables real-time in a text box control.
I've made it possible to start a new logging session right directly from a session/log file, or while connected to the ecu.

Now that the proof of concept is complete, I'd like to make the GUI useful.  Editing configs in visual way (instead of editing text files), and graphing data on charts, widgets, and other general dashboard type controls, are my initial goals.  Where it goes from there, we'll see.

This is written in C#, so you'll need Visual Studio with the ability to hook up to a Team Foundation Server for source control.  If anyone is interested, go to codeplex and sign up for an account if you don't already have one.  Download the source and plug away.

https://github.com/sbloom82/VisualME7Logger

I hope this draws some interest!

EDIT: You can download the current release of VisualME7Logger here:

https://github.com/sbloom82/VisualME7Logger/releases/download/v2018.07.02.28/VisualME7Logger.exe

Current Version is v28

To run VisualME7Logger:
Copy the VisualME7Logger.exe into the ME7Logger directory before running!

The MELogger bin directory should be in the same directory as the VisualME7Logger.exe file, and the bin directory should contain ME7Info.exe and ME7Logger.exe

VisualME7Logger requires at minimum .Net 4 framework (4.5 and 4.5.1 also work)
Windows 8: If you receive a "Smart screen" warning upon executing the program, right click on the exe and select Properties.  On the Properties page, click the "Unlock" button to stop these warnings.

See attached screenshots
i think you gonna call me noob of the noobs but how can i log my car to obtain offset and factor numbers?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #244 on: April 07, 2020, 12:15:26 PM »

i think you gonna call me noob of the noobs but how can i log my car to obtain offset and factor numbers?

Why did you quote the OP?

Anyway, thats what ME7Info.exe is for. It is documented in the ME7Logger utility.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
d4rt0n

« Reply #245 on: April 08, 2020, 11:34:36 AM »

Sorry for that, wich cable do i need to do logs and calc offsets?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #246 on: April 08, 2020, 12:34:56 PM »

Sorry for that, wich cable do i need to do logs and calc offsets?

Did you read anything in my sig?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
q_dubz

« Reply #247 on: April 15, 2020, 03:28:08 AM »

Ok got bored, did a video thing... Maybe it'll be helpful for some folks.

Since i'm bored with all this free time....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-4zX1T9Aa4&feature=youtu.be
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #248 on: April 15, 2020, 05:43:20 AM »

Ok got bored, did a video thing... Maybe it'll be helpful for some folks.

Since i'm bored with all this free time....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-4zX1T9Aa4&feature=youtu.be

there is a tool menu in vme7l

and create ecu file option here
q_dubz

« Reply #249 on: April 15, 2020, 07:30:50 AM »

there is a tool menu in vme7l

and create ecu file option here
yeah I realized that after
q_dubz

« Reply #250 on: April 24, 2020, 02:36:07 AM »

Question for NyNet and SB_GLI or whoever else can answer this:

Why do i have to open VCDS and enter the ENGINE-I module BEFORE i can start a VisME7Logger session? If i dont i get "error 1".

Is there a handshake/request that the tool does not do that VCDS does?
q_dubz

« Reply #251 on: April 24, 2020, 02:37:11 AM »

Question for NyNet and SB_GLI or whoever else can answer this:

Why do i have to open VCDS and enter the ENGINE-I module BEFORE i can start a VisME7Logger session? If i dont i get "error 1".

Is there a handshake/request that the tool does not do that VCDS does?
This is the case for mine and 3 or 4 other cars i've setup (B6 and B7s).
aef

« Reply #252 on: April 24, 2020, 04:29:56 AM »

Cannot answer this correct but me7logger works like this on most cars with immo:
Turn ignition on, turn logger on, start car.

There is a codechange poster by PRJ but i dont know what it does.
You will have to review this with IDA i think.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=14119.msg114367#msg114367

On cars without immo (swaps in mk1,2,3, eg) you dont have to do this and it will connect always from my experience.
prometey1982

« Reply #253 on: June 13, 2020, 12:26:30 PM »

How can I add logger (and flasher) for Volvo to this project?

Россия - Великая страна!
Leafy

« Reply #254 on: June 20, 2020, 02:09:04 PM »

Hey do I just have the dumb or do I always have to select yes on the UAC prompt for unknown developer. My wife sometimes uses this laptop so I dont want to just fully turn off UAC.  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18
  Print  

Jump to: