Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18
Author Topic: VisualME7Logger CodePlex Project  (Read 241902 times)
KmosK04

« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2015, 03:50:19 PM »

Try logging with the instrument cluster fuse removed.  I've had multiple ecus in my jetta. While most logged fine, there were a couple I have run across that just would not log, or would timeout while logging, unless the cluster fuse was pulled.

With the fuse removed the car doesn't start because of immo. What I'm doing wrong?
ddillenger

« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2015, 04:44:06 PM »

Start the car, then pull the fuse.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
vwaudiguy

« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2015, 11:39:56 PM »

Having an issue when selecting com port within VisualME7Logger (as opposed to using FTDI which works, but only when using Visual by itself) logger says "cannot open com port", but using ME7Logger GUI works fine (using the same com port I specify within Visual). I can't use FTDI in Visual because of some new conflict with a program called emutility that I use to communicate with a Roadrunner board for real-time emulation at the same time. Visual will only start logging using FTDI with the usb cable for the emulator unplugged. If I plug the emulator in while a logging session is open it will work, BUT if I stop/restart a session it won't connect again saying "cannot echo cable". If I use the GUI it works fine with the emulator plugged into the usb port. I'm using ver 1.25. Hope I got my point across been effing with this for the last 5 hours..haha Having Visual working with it's live data stream/graphing makes the whole process easier, and I'd love to get it working again.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
SB_GLI

« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2015, 09:11:33 AM »

I'll help you get this rolling.  Send me the session output data (there's an option to view this on the logging screen)... See if anything in there does not coincide with an option you selected.  Maybe there's a bug that you found.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2015, 09:38:44 AM »

Just wanted to post what end up fixing this issue...Steve informed me that you need to type the word "COM" as well as the com number (I was only typing the number) in the COM field. Big thanks to him for getting back with a solution! I had been successfully using FTDI up to this point, but when trying to use another piece of software could not use both at the same time.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
zillarob

« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2015, 05:14:27 PM »

Wow, this is a sweet piece of software!! Thank you so much for putting it all together!!

Just got a Dell venue 8 setup to run everything with a vcds cable. It was fun (not Angry), but it works (somehow Grin).
I have always found it easier to use a kkl cable, but wanted the 1 for all action on this.

Also set up Google drive and have the logger set to log to that folder. Pull up in the driveway, and logs are on a computer with a usable screen by the time I get to it.

Thing I am trying to get sorted now is keeping the screen from shutting off while running vis logger. Anybody know how to set this up for just certain apps, or am I stuck doing it the old fashioned way?

Something else that would be cool would be to have conditions for alarms or something.
Ex: if pvdk_s > 2500, then action. The action could be something like a sound and/or a .jpeg splash.

Id have this on there in a heartbeat  Grin
wesselh93

« Reply #156 on: October 11, 2015, 05:44:58 AM »

Guys, I've got a problem with Visual logger.

When I try to open session I get the following message: FT_GetLibraryFunction in dll (as shown in attachment)

I've got VCDS12.12 Clone, KKL Vag-Com for 409.1, Galletto 1260 clone and kwp2000 + cable

When this error appeared I used the galletto cable because there is a 323rl chip in it.

What could it be? Drivers, cable?

ddillenger

« Reply #157 on: October 11, 2015, 07:02:50 AM »

Guys, I've got a problem with Visual logger.

When I try to open session I get the following message: FT_GetLibraryFunction in dll (as shown in attachment)

I've got VCDS12.12 Clone, KKL Vag-Com for 409.1, Galletto 1260 clone and kwp2000 + cable

When this error appeared I used the galletto cable because there is a 323rl chip in it.

What could it be? Drivers, cable?

The cloned VCDS and Galletto will not work.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
wesselh93

« Reply #158 on: October 11, 2015, 11:46:04 AM »

I'd probably should have done what you guy say everytime...

Delete unused drivers.

Got it working like a charm now, blue kkl cable ch340 chip inside.

Flyts

« Reply #159 on: October 18, 2015, 04:31:21 AM »

excellent software solution, but I'm getting here is after saving the parameters of ... not very convenient to start all over again Huh

SB_GLI

« Reply #160 on: October 18, 2015, 06:55:04 AM »

dang commas for decimal points.

Send me your VisualME7Logger.config.xml file.
Flyts

« Reply #161 on: October 18, 2015, 07:29:20 AM »

that is, it's my fault to set limits on the variable display graphics? Grin

here Fail

sorry for my english, I'm from Russia
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 07:32:20 AM by Flyts » Logged
Flyts

« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2015, 08:35:11 AM »

Understood ... everything was
If the field within the function to change the value to the point
HH.00 change the keyboard without touching on YY.00 .00
in faile VisualME7Logger.cfg.xml