Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18
Author Topic: VisualME7Logger CodePlex Project  (Read 239104 times)
SB_GLI

« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2015, 05:59:33 AM »

It is because your native language expects decimal numbers to use a comma as the decimal separator, instead of a dot.  .Net is trying to parse a decimal and expects a comma, but the config file saves the decimals with a dot.  I've "fixed" this in other parts of the application, must have missed this.

I will send you an update tonight if I can get some time.
SB_GLI

« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2015, 08:39:23 PM »

This should correct the issue you were having.  There might be some other untested code in here, so sorry if there are other bugs.  Smiley
Flyts

« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2015, 01:24:22 AM »

Thank you for your work
jmont23

« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2015, 07:12:24 PM »

So I tried using visual logger today and every time I tried starting the log, I would get a message stating could not connect to ecu, could not connect to ftdi, or test echo sent and no response. I then tried the standard ME7logger and it worked with no issue like usual. So I continued trying to get visual me7logger to work by verifying my com ports and such with no luck. I always use the "USE FTDI" communication option with the me7logger gui and I tried that with the visual logger as well.

Now the big dilemma, now I can not connect to the normal me7logger or nefmotoflasher!!! I am getting the same issue errors as with the visual logger. I ahve been using me7logger every day with no issues for the past year+ and this is so frustrating. Does anyone have some helpful insight as to what's going on?

I tried uninstalling my kkl blue cable driver and reinstalling it with no success in getting my software to connect to my ecu.

Edit: I got my me7logger back up and running by switching the cable to another physical usb port. Weird but it worked. Still no luck with getting visual logger working though
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 09:12:07 PM by jmont23 » Logged
golfputtputt

« Reply #169 on: January 01, 2016, 08:10:54 PM »

How do you Load a CSV Log in VisualME7Logger?
dream3R

« Reply #170 on: January 01, 2016, 08:46:56 PM »

cool program  Grin

How to work out values from an A2L Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52371#msg52371

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

ORGORIGINAL 05 5120 creator for Volvo
ORIGINAL Datalogger (Freeware) Author
ORGINAL finder of the 'extra' torque' limits
I don't have ME7.01 A2L I just use ID
jimmcgee5

« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2016, 01:17:32 PM »

How do you Load a CSV Log in VisualME7Logger?

go into options , change communication to log file .   
golfputtputt

« Reply #172 on: January 02, 2016, 01:27:01 PM »

it keeps crashing and I think it's an issue with Me7logger itself because this was happening when I was using another GUI. Whats this about? Logger works for random periods of time, then it drops out. Using a blue kkl on com3 then I switched to com4 with no change in effect.

I'm using 125000 log speed and it seems to prevent it from happening most, but it still keeps crashing. any other baud rate and it crashes immediately.

This is actually the same issue that kept me from using me7logger in the past.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 05:57:42 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
SB_GLI

« Reply #173 on: January 03, 2016, 07:41:31 AM »

it keeps crashing and I think it's an issue with Me7logger itself because this was happening when I was using another GUI. Whats this about? Logger works for random periods of time, then it drops out. Using a blue kkl on com3 then I switched to com4 with no change in effect.

I'm using 125000 log speed and it seems to prevent it from happening most, but it still keeps crashing. any other baud rate and it crashes immediately.

This is actually the same issue that kept me from using me7logger in the past.

MKIV's hate ME7logger.  The cluster interferes with k-line communication more often than not.  You can try a lower baudrate (38400) and when that doesn't work, pulling the cluster fuse will work flawlessly.
golfputtputt

« Reply #174 on: January 03, 2016, 01:19:31 PM »

It is my understanding that in order to avoid troubles with the immo, you pull the fuse when the car is running. Do you put it back in when the log is over or after the car is off?

Also, it turned my airbag light on, unplugging the cluster fuse. I'm gonna reset DTC's tomorrow to see if It goes away.
Mk4 GTI 1.8t AWP HS box
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 08:51:47 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
q_dubz

« Reply #175 on: February 03, 2016, 07:31:34 AM »

I have a newly arisen issue with this program where it will will not let me COM link ever and if i use FTDI and specify the location, it will fail.

The only way i get it to work is i have to start up VCDS and enter the engine module, then close it and i can finally log with VisME7.

If i stop the log for a few minutes and attempt to open a new session it will fail again.

It almost seems like the program is not allowed to open communication with the dongle so i have to open it with VCDS which leaves the "window" open for a certain amount of time.

Anyone have this issue?

*Ross-Tech HEX-CAN-USB*
Win10
vwaudiguy

« Reply #176 on: February 03, 2016, 10:11:33 AM »

I have a newly arisen issue with this program where it will will not let me COM link ever and if i use FTDI and specify the location, it will fail.

The only way i get it to work is i have to start up VCDS and enter the engine module, then close it and i can finally log with VisME7.

If i stop the log for a few minutes and attempt to open a new session it will fail again.

It almost seems like the program is not allowed to open communication with the dongle so i have to open it with VCDS which leaves the "window" open for a certain amount of time.

Anyone have this issue?

*Ross-Tech HEX-CAN-USB*
Win10

I have a co-worker with this same issue I believe. Worked great for a few weeks. Made no changes (knowingly) and now the original cable he was using (genuine VCDS) won't connect anymore. Tried my generic kline cable and the same. Can't connect. That same cable (generic k-line) works fine for me.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #177 on: February 03, 2016, 12:22:44 PM »

intelligent mode off? VCP driver?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #178 on: February 03, 2016, 12:28:00 PM »

Yes, and yes.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
q_dubz

« Reply #179 on: February 08, 2016, 11:04:45 PM »

yes
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: