Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18
Author Topic: VisualME7Logger CodePlex Project  (Read 239102 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #195 on: June 27, 2016, 05:50:11 PM »

Just an FYI for some folks. In order for ME to get VisME7L to start logging i have to open up and enter into the engine module in VCDS FIRST! After that i close out VCDS and start logging with VisME7L just fine. Works everytime. Wink

That sounds related to vcds "intelligent" mode. Make sure it is unchecked.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
royce5950

« Reply #196 on: August 13, 2016, 03:19:13 AM »

I just got visualme7logger working a few hours ago (I've had the .exe for months now but I forgot to place it into the me7logger directory lol) and I took a little drive/recorded a log and I've gotta say! nice job! I really appreciate your hard work!

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
royce5950

« Reply #197 on: August 15, 2016, 03:11:04 AM »

Howdy, I forgot to mention in my previous post, I'm a graphic designer and I would love to assist if anyone is interested in working with me on adding a "dashboard"-like function in Visualme7logger. I have no experience writing programs or applications and my coding experience doesn't go any further than web design using adobe muse (which doesn't require much coding lol)...

I could design a few skins for users to choose from and break each element of the gauges down into layers so that a collaborator could take the layers and implement them into the program so that they function and translate the data visualme7logger displays on the graph, and displays the data on the gauge. To make things easier, rather than offering gauges for hundreds of parameters, We would just make a dashboard that contained, for example, something like 7 or 8 of the main parameters that the average logger would like to see on a gauge (boost, oil temp, AFR... maybe battery voltage idk...). Initially I have 3 skins in mind. black leather (to match black leather/vinyl audi and vw interiors), Some electronic digital gauge theme (likely a black background with neon colored gauges... Ever see the digi dash on an 89 subi? kind of cheesy but if I brought it up to speed a bit I think it would be great.) and then a traditional themed skin, like gauges in a classic mustang... Everyone could pitch ideas at me if we get the idea in motion. Either with words or with a picture.

I thought if anyone was open to the idea and has the skill and experience necessary to take my designs and bring them to life in the program I could get to work on my end of the work. I'd break the gauges down into pieces (needle, numbers, full gauge, empty gauge, partial gauge, background...). Just let me know if anyone would like to work on this with me (@SB_GLI ?) and tell me what image format would be necessary for the project and I'll work on it as soon as I've got time.

-Royce

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
vwaudiguy

« Reply #198 on: August 15, 2016, 10:05:58 AM »

Things I would like to see in VisualME7L.

Dashboard
Keyboard shortcut to toggle between logging data, and viewing live data only without logging.
Being able to change the default location for saving logs

Doesn't hurt to ask, right?   Smiley

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #199 on: August 15, 2016, 10:09:06 AM »

We're lacking coders willing to spend effort, not designers, unfortunately.

In the 10+ years I've had code up on github, I can count the number of patches and commits from other people on one hand.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
royce5950

« Reply #200 on: August 15, 2016, 12:08:07 PM »

Dashboard
Keyboard shortcut to toggle between logging data, and viewing live data only without logging.
Being able to change the default location for saving logs

That is a pretty nice suggestion imo! and I also second your first suggestion too  Tongue  Roll Eyes

royce5950

« Reply #201 on: August 15, 2016, 12:14:39 PM »

We're lacking coders willing to spend effort, not designers, unfortunately.

In the 10+ years I've had code up on github, I can count the number of patches and commits from other people on one hand.

I'm sorry to hear about that @nyet. I notice a lot of the same whenever I visit github for a download... Often times a high volume of DLs but little to no comments whatsoever... Have you considered reaching out through other hosting/collaboration websites intended for developers to host source code/program downloads and connect with a more active group of individuals who are like minded and also wish to collaborate more so than users on github?

I sent you a PM regarding a possible way to raise funds to provide further development on new apps/additions to apps like this... Money that you can use to afford more "sick days" from work, but that will actually be used for nefmoto related application development. It would be just like a paid work day  Grin

SB_GLI

« Reply #202 on: August 18, 2016, 12:00:25 PM »

hi there!
SB_GLI

« Reply #203 on: August 18, 2016, 12:02:51 PM »

Dashboard - Like gauges?
Keyboard shortcut to toggle between logging data, and viewing live data only without logging.  - This bugs me too Smiley  Wish the coder would have done this from the get go.
Being able to change the default location for saving logs - don't be such a slacker.  Smiley

vwaudiguy

« Reply #204 on: August 18, 2016, 12:33:39 PM »

Yes, like needle gauges.

I thought you were the coder?  Wink

I know, I know. I've given up on that.  Grin  I'll just leave the default windows screensaver/ background too. Haha

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
vwaudiguy

« Reply #205 on: August 19, 2016, 02:00:13 PM »

I'm trying to add an expression so the live fuel trim (block 001 in VCDS) displays as a percentage rather than in decimal. I've read that this can be done by subtracting 1 from frm_w and then multiplying by 100. I tried adding this expression using the supplied example in the program, but keep getting "invalid expression name".

Here's how I'm typing the expression..

([frm_w] - 1) * 100

I'm using "frm_w" in the name field, and % in the unit field.

Any insight? Wrong variable? Wrong expression layout?

Thanks!

EDIT: Had to add a name without the underscore in the name field...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 02:16:47 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

royce5950

« Reply #206 on: August 20, 2016, 11:53:34 PM »

So you figured it out?

vwaudiguy

« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2016, 11:04:20 AM »

So you figured it out?

Yes.

q_dubz

« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2016, 09:11:40 PM »

I'm trying to add an expression so the live fuel trim (block 001 in VCDS) displays as a percentage rather than in decimal. I've read that this can be done by subtracting 1 from frm_w and then multiplying by 100. I tried adding this expression using the supplied example in the program, but keep getting "invalid expression name".

Here's how I'm typing the expression..

([frm_w] - 1) * 100

I'm using "frm_w" in the name field, and % in the unit field.

Any insight? Wrong variable? Wrong expression layout?

Thanks!

haha awesome sweet, i just happened to need this same thing tonight! Thanks!
q_dubz

« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2016, 09:12:31 PM »

That sounds related to vcds "intelligent" mode. Make sure it is unchecked.
no luck on that.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: