Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Author Topic: Easily scale your MAF for larger housings! (now with 50 percent more hitachi!)  (Read 74628 times)
AudiSportB5S4

Has anyone run this tool using a 83mm RS4 MAF? I'm curious as to what kind of g/s are being pulled in on a K04 car running that setup.. Open element and RS4 MAF.
ddillenger

Why would you need to scale an RS4 MAF? This is used when putting your sensor in a larger housing. If you are using a factory sensor/housing, you just use the transfer function for that MAF.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
AudiSportB5S4

I ran this on a 90mm MAF setup to compare my buddy's file to what this would generate... The result is definitely wrong, just not sure if its a bug or something I did. I posted the cmd prompt below and you can see it ran successfully.

maZer.GTi

I ran this on a 90mm MAF setup to compare my buddy's file to what this would generate... The result is definitely wrong, just not sure if its a bug or something I did. I posted the cmd prompt below and you can see it ran successfully.

Yes its a small bug, you need to specify the offset of mlhfm as parameter like 0x10234d

example: mafadjust Stephen_90MM.bin 73 90 hitachi 0x10234d

But you should read what mafadjust telling you, if you scroll down a little bit you will see the tool is telling you map looks not like mlhfm.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 03:13:03 PM by maZer.GTi » Logged
AudiSportB5S4

Just saw this, thanks for the reply!

What do you mean in your last sentence by "you will see the tool is telling you map looks not like mlhfm."
maZer.GTi

Just saw this, thanks for the reply!

What do you mean in your last sentence by "you will see the tool is telling you map looks not like mlhfm."

Scroll down through the output, you will see a prompt telling you that mlhfm is looks incorrect.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 08:12:08 PM by ddillenger » Logged
stuklr

Just tried this tool. Using a stock M box with Hitachi MAF settings. I ran the .exe and then looked at the graph of MLHFM. It looks the same as AudiSportB5S4. Large jump in the center of the graph. I have attached my CDM window and the picture of the resulting graph. The data in the .txt file is the same as well.
ddillenger

Guys, please specify the offset of MLHFM and it'll work flawlessly. I was against having an auto detect function to begin with. This is just a tool to make things a bit easier.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
stuklr

I did in mine, Its in the CMD prompt window. 0x14254

Unless I have the address wrong?
ddillenger

To be honest, I always just scaled Hitachi manually.

Bosch is just trickier as it's got the region of negative flow. I used it on a Bosch M-box without incident, but not Hitachi. Thank you for bringing the problem to our attention, It'll get sorted.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
stuklr

I am already running an 85mm maf and have nice 1% fuel trims, but i wanted to try the tool out to see what it produced. Very cool idea. I will be sure to use it if I have to scale a bosch unit.
BraxS4

yeah like everyone said, dont bother trying this on your hitachi maf file.. it'll wreck it...

stage 3 b5 S4
AudiSportB5S4

Gotcha okay.. I was hoping to get some insight on how to get the scaling a bit more towards reality on this 90mm MAF my buddy is running on. I'm afraid just changing the MAF scaling alone will throw off other maps if the load goes too high though.. Currently @ WOT he only pulls in 200-210 g/s up top which I think is contributing to his problems running rich as the rpm climbs.
BraxS4

actually i was wrong, i was using me7check without it unrar'd "unzipped" which was working fine on one pc, but on my desktop it was not fixing the file, i actually unzipped it and it repaired the other files after, ill report back after i re try the scale and let you know, please keep me updated as well!

stage 3 b5 S4
maZer.GTi

yeah like everyone said, dont bother trying this on your hitachi maf file.. it'll wreck it...

New version uploaded! Thanks to you guys I was able to find the bug when used on Hitachi MAF's.
Redownload and use, should work now! Smiley

Also, added a new option for TFSI Maf (PWMMAF)

Usage:
mafadjust.exe 115ab.bin 65 72.8 0x1c50e6
mafadjust.exe 115ab.bin old_inner_diameter new_inner_diameter offset_MSHFMTPH

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 06:10:32 PM by ddillenger » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: