Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Remapped ECU doesn't seem to be remapped!!!  (Read 4642 times)
littco
« on: March 22, 2011, 03:22:46 PM »

I have a project S3, basically been building it back up after an engine failure. I sent the ECU off to be remapped as the car was off the road. Anyway I've been driving it for a little while and it really wasn't as fast as my TT, so after a little hunting I found an original .BIN for my ECU and compared that to the one on the ECU. Low and behold they are exactly the same! Now either the original map had the same Remap on it as mine ( too much of a coincidence) or as I suspect it was never remapped (cheeky)! I think I may be dropping the remapper a line, but how do I explain I've been looking at their supposed remap!
carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 04:02:14 PM »

Maybe you could suggest they made a mistake and it was accidentally not mapped because you have compared the performance with your "spare" ECU and there's no measurable difference. Politely ask for it to be done again and see if they resolve it to your satisfaction.

It's usually better to start softly in my experience.

If you get stitched again its worth posting on all the chip tuning forums "hall of shame" so they get some exposure.

littco
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 04:55:03 PM »

Ok,

I have sent them an email to see if they could test/check the ECU for me. I have a spare ecu anyway so thankfully the car wont be off the road, assuming the agree to test it for me.

I will update when they reply.

I have also just checked the files in winols and they are exactly the same. I can only imagine then it was never done!

carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 05:46:00 PM »

Fingers crossed it was a genuine mistake then.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: