Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can the IMMO be flashed off on already tuned ECU's?  (Read 7067 times)
stuklr

« on: October 30, 2013, 03:11:50 PM »

If the ECU has an existing flash on it but I want to move it into another car?

Buddy has a GIAC ecu for an 01 A6 2.7t and wrecked it. Wants to stick that ecu into the new replacement A6 2.7t. Both cars have immo. Can I just flash off the 95040 eeprom in boot mode? Or will the GIAC software be upset by this? Thanks
jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 06:26:58 PM »

I believe you can read the eeprom, modify it to immo off and write it back as the modified maps are hidden in there. You just don't want to use an eeprom file from a different ecu

Lost, No.. My minds around here somewhere..
Shh, I'm calling my mom.. "It's 3AM" SHH!
Mom, is there such a thing as kosher pork?
"I'm not bailing you out tonight"...
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 06:31:47 PM »

Jacks hit it on the head. You must use the GIAC eeprom, but you can immo-off it.

Make sure to read and write it in bootmode, and not read the file with nefmoto.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
stuklr

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 04:25:50 PM »

So I can just use argdub's flasher and read, then immo off then rewrite? Will try that if it wont work just being plugged in.

The cluster just provides power to pin 21 right? So thats all this ecu needs to be happy in a different car even with the immo right? The car he is putting it in has the same gen immo and wont be upset because the keys match right? Or will the ecu know its in a different car and lock-up?
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 04:34:34 PM »

Pin21 being powered or not, the car still won't run with a mismatched immobilizer. Argdubs too will do it, but needs to be bootmoded to write the modified eeprom back.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: