Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Spec load, requested load, and actual load and boost  (Read 48311 times)
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« on: November 01, 2013, 11:29:20 AM »

I've been running into a wall here trying to understand how these things fall in place. I've been having issues with my 1.8T GLI that I just cannot explain.  It's a stock AWP, with a K04.  I'm using the stock RN bin file, fueling is LAMF > KR > BTS (activated @ 800 for protection only).  Fueling is stock inj w/ 4 BAR regulator, stock pump.  I seem to be leaning out above 5400ish RPM which is another thing I don't get because i'm only ever reaching 1 BAR max boost, so maybe my pump is weak/going, etc.  I'll have to look into that.  under 5k fueling meets and holds req lambda though.

On my latest file, I'm requesting via LDRXN 180 load from 3k RPM on.  I see this in the load as specified load.  Requested load though for whatever reason is lower, say 160 which seems to be around 1 BAR requested boost.  I'm not quite meeting req. boost (say 1900mbar vs req. 2000mbar) so actual load is like 150.

I have no knock, pedal is 100%, why is it that it's not following LDRXN and requesting more boost and load (180?)

Attached is my latest log from from my file.  Some thoughts would be appreciated Smiley

« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 11:39:39 AM by NOTORIOUS VR » Logged

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 11:52:45 AM »

The more and more I look at the logs, it seems the KFLDRL/N75 control has a direct relation to requested boost. If that is the case, how would it know that say 75% of the N75 = 1 BAR (eg. only).

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 02:50:53 PM »

I've cleaned up my DRL and IMX on my next revision and obviously the car is now much happier.

But still I'm not quite understanding why the ECU is basically choosing the req. boost setpoint as it is.  It doesn't follow req. or spec load at all IMO.

TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 04:35:51 AM »

isnt KFLDIMX  about how much n75 for say 1000mbar ? At least thats how I use it and it works.I rescale the axis .
Then KFLDRL for fine tuning .As I understand it KFLDIMX is 80% N75 DC for 1 bar ,  KFLDRL is 78% for 80% N75 DC.

But for 1.35-1.4 bar pressure I never had to play with KFLDIMX and KFLDRL  .

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 06:44:39 AM »

IMX is the I-term of the N75 valve at different points in boost.  It's basically the table that defines where you want to be with your N75 DC.

Having DRL less than IMX makes no sense.

dnenov7

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 09:34:10 AM »

log the duty cycle of the n75 and make changes to the table . Is the requested load what you want it to be ?

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4234.0title=
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 09:36:57 AM by dnenov7 » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 09:43:47 AM »

Having DRL less than IMX makes no sense.

No, DRL, is a linearization table.... you can have it be whatever you need it to be.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 11:16:10 AM »

I know what FR says about I-limit etc. I actually use it like I said. You can input 95% all over the IMX or 10%  it doesnt matter much
if you tune correctly LDRL.I am not saying its right , far from it ,but from my exp. only LDRL matters in the end Smiley

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 08:20:49 AM »

That's all well and nice, but does no one know the answer to my actual question here?

why is the ECU correcting spec load to (eg.) 160 when I'm req. 180?

Nye, re. DRL I'm pretty sure I read somewhere from PRJ that having DRL lower then IMX would cause issues.

dnenov7

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 09:12:54 AM »

That's all well and nice, but does no one know the answer to my actual question here?

Nye, re. DRL I'm pretty sure I read somewhere from PRJ that having DRL lower then IMX would cause issues.

KFLDHBN , look at my last reply
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2013, 09:30:49 AM »

HBN is not limiting me in any way from what I can see, unless I'm mistaken that HBN isn't turbo PR (2.5 = 1.5 BAR)?

« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 09:33:07 AM by NOTORIOUS VR » Logged

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2013, 02:16:23 PM »

The biggest correction to "spec load" to "corrected spec load" is IAT. There are several others though. Check the FR and do some more logging.

That statement has no meaning... since they aren't "compared" in a way that matters. DRL can be as non-linear or linear as you need it to be..

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2013, 03:58:31 PM »

I want to add just 2 observations from my limited expirience  Smiley

Your KFMIRL is not as it should there is a gap , did you fine tuned it in 3D ?
Also KFMIOP is not corresponding to KFMIRL .

also did you change anything to KFPED ? Yout wped is strange compared to throttle angle.
In my loggings they are very similar.

Just my observations , maybe the experts can explain better Smiley

userpike

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2013, 04:37:23 PM »

It's a stock AWP, with a K04.

001 or 02x?
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2013, 04:50:14 PM »

001 or 02x?

Not sure I didn't put the turbo on this car.

I want to add just 2 observations from my limited expirience  Smiley

Your KFMIRL is not as it should there is a gap , did you fine tuned it in 3D ?

Yes it's very linear in 3D.

Also KFMIOP is not corresponding to KFMIRL .

I used the ME7 tuner wizard excel document to make IOP for this file (normally I make it myself), but I have no noticed any odd things happening to be honest.  Everything is very smooth.

also did you change anything to KFPED ? Yout wped is strange compared to throttle angle.
In my loggings they are very similar.

Just my observations , maybe the experts can explain better Smiley

Yes, I changed the axis to slightly be less aggressive.  It was something I experimented with a while back and never bother to put it back.  It makes the car much more mellow the first part of travel which I like.  Otherwise I felt like the car wanted to always leap off if I just breathed on the pedal Tongue

Thanks for the insight and looking at my logs!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: