Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hello from a VW enthusiast in Ohio  (Read 3802 times)
Lord_Verminaard

« on: November 11, 2013, 09:06:55 AM »

Hi everybody!  I'm a long time VW nut from Ohio, I recently acquired a couple of MKIV's and any time I can learn to perform a service on my own for little money with a lot of knowledge as a benefit vs. paying a big company or VW dealer to do some "black magic" which may or may not be exactly what I wanted, all the better.  Current rides are an '05 New Beetle TDI daily, an '02 Jetta Wagon 1.8t for the Wife, (still undergoing major surgery- Tiptronic swap to manual) an 86 Golf Turbo Diesel (current Wife's daily) 93 Corrado SLC that is probably going to be sold off as an unfinished project, and an 81 Scirocco S' that is my pride and joy but also sitting without an engine and trans currently.

Hope to learn as much as I can here.  It's a bit overwhelming so far.. hopefully you all don't mind people asking questions.  Smiley  The main reason I came here was that with my Jetta Wagon project, I realized that I cannot change the Soft Coding for the Engine from tip to Manual.  Hoping I can either flash a new file to the ECU, or at the very least swap the ECU and deal with removing the IMMOB so I don't have to make a trip to the VW dealer.  Wink

Thanks very much for having me.
Brendan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: