Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Author Topic: Reading/writing/cloning your immobilizer: A beginners guide.  (Read 205023 times)
simonitz

« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2016, 10:00:54 AM »

How would a temp wire work? You have to disconnect it a few seconds after you power up the ECU.
Well, two wires actually with stripped ends and loosely fastened together for quick release.

You don't even need a temp wire, just get something metal with a roundish/flatish tip to bridge the pads while powering up the ECU. If it is too flat (say, a flat head screwdriver tip), it is hard to keep the tip level and have a good contact to both pads.
Yeah, that would have been ease peasy. I thought what was needed was a bridge or staple in between the pads. Anyway, it's even more f*d up now as the underlying thin metal pads on the board became detached when heated with the soldering iron tip.

If the ECU still is ok, I should be able to check this by connecting with VCDS and check the engine menu - and - by re-reading the 95040 chip with ME7_95040?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2016, 10:08:29 AM »

If the ECU still is ok, I should be able to check this by connecting with VCDS and check the engine menu

That will only work if the flash isn't corrupted.

and - by re-reading the 95040 chip with ME7_95040?

If the flash is corrupted, that will only work in bootmode.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
simonitz

« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2016, 10:22:26 AM »

Ok. Thus, it's absolutely necessary to get the chip in boot mode. Either by a) successfully grounding pin 24 or b) finding a service to recover the (piece of s*) ECU.

A quick google shows e.g. a company called ecuflash (http://www.ecuflash.co/ecu-recovery/). I have no idea if they are any good or their what kind of prices they have.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2016, 01:46:14 PM »

Ok. Thus, it's absolutely necessary to get the chip in boot mode. Either by a) successfully grounding pin 24 or b) finding a service to recover the (piece of s*) ECU.

If you don't have a reliable way to do bootmode yourself, don't bother doing ANY tuning.

It is your fallback if something goes wrong.

Also, you should always have at least one known working ECU as a spare with you. Preferably in the car somewhere so you don't get stranded ...

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
simonitz

« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2016, 04:48:27 AM »

Well, I'm not really attempting to tune the ECU and haven't done so earlier, but to get the IMMO3 system OFF. Ever since the IMMO system got activated the car doesn't start.
simonitz

« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2016, 05:58:00 AM »

Checked the one in UK and based on that found a lot of local ECU tuning firms. Problem is that most don't even respond to inquiries or even know how to do it. So far the price for turning the IMMO OFF has been 500 - 600 euro.

So instead I just found a temporary solution, which is using an IMMO deactivation box (e.g. VAG Drive Box OBD2 IMMO Deactivator for Bosch EDC15/ME7. Just costs a 10 euro at Aliexpress). Smiley The downside is that shipping takes for ever.
akro007

« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2016, 11:42:12 AM »

hy guys i try to read a ecu me7.1.1 for immo off but i have a error code 0x4e01 anyone have an solution for this code Huh? sorry im not very good in english...
redwater

« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2016, 03:16:18 PM »

I wanted to sum up my experience with cloning Immobilizer and VIN data from one ecu to another.  I felt like I had to dig around a bit for this information, so I just wanted to summarize it all here in one post.

I started with a tuned ECU from GIAC and got another ECU as a spare to continue my tuning.  I disabled IMMO in the spare and tuned and ran it with immo off for a while.

I read the 95040 from both ecu's. I only wanted to clone over just the IMMO and VIN specific data in the eeprom.  Of course, I could have just wrote the eeporm from the GIAC ECU to the current one, but there was unisettings tweaks and who knows what GIAC writes to that file...  I just wanted the IMMO data.

Locations in file of data
VIN = 0xB5-0xB9, 0xD0-0xDB AND 0xC5-0xC9, 0xE0-0xEB
SKC = 0x32-0x33 AND 0x42-0x43. (To decode the skc: flip bytes, convert to dec, add leading zero)
IMMO Data (key data shared w/ cluster) = 0x34-0x3A AND 0x44-0x4A
IMMO ID = 0xDC, 0xF0-0xFC AND 0xEC, 0x100-x10C
IMMO ON/OFF=  0x12 AND 0x22 (01 on, 02 off)

I copied the data from each of these locations (using a hex editor) from my previous file to my new tuned file, immo flagged as on of course, checksummed the file and wrote it back to the 95040 on my tuned ecu.  Plugged the ecu back in and the my car fired right up.

Again, this is not new information, I just felt it was a bit scattered through threads and here it is all in one post.

Attached are:
1) screenshots from vcds showing vin and immo ids of both ecus
2) giac.bin is the source of my immo/vin data
3) custom.bin is the file I had been using with IMMO off while tuning
4) customAdapted.bin shows the adapted eeprom with the pertinent data merged from giac.bin
5) customAdapted(checksum).bin is the last file with the checksums corrected.

I am working on an eeprom editor/wizard in visualme7logger (uses me795040 to read and write) for an future release so you can do all this without even thinking about opening up a hex editor or command prompt.  Smiley  Of course you'll have to write your changes back to the ecu in bootmode.

Hi, where in 24c20.bin (256b) file is SKC ?  0x10-0x11 & 0x70-0x71 and flip bytes , convert to dec ?
redwater

« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2016, 04:12:45 AM »

No one ? chip is now desoldered.

now gone

I'm waiting for eeprom programer.
jnxtheband

« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2016, 07:13:43 PM »

So im having a bit of an issue getting my ecu into bootmode. I think it worked the last couple of times but i get the same initializing registers failure that OP had. Here are some screenshots.

I successfully read the eeprom and downloaded. file attached. this should be a virgin file to my knowledge.

I tried a couple times to get the ecu into bootmode by grounding pin 24 then powering up the ecu but that didnt work. the last time where i was successful here was with the ecu already powered up then i grounded pin 24.

any ideas? I made a bench harness to use but it would not communicate with the ecu at all so i ended up using a friends car to read the eeprom. Maybe that has something to do with it? cable is a blue kkl from ebay.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 07:16:43 PM by jnxtheband » Logged
jnxtheband

« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2016, 12:13:46 AM »

So im starting to wonder if this ecu has an immobilizer in the first place? VCDS readout with no "extra info" field. adaption channel 91=4

EEPROM readout: (32&33 show "FF")
aef

« Reply #131 on: December 19, 2016, 04:26:51 AM »

ground pin 24, power on ecu, count one... two... remove 24 pin and then hit enter in your command
Try different baud rated, this should do the job.

Check adaption channel 91 for immo related information with vcds
adam-

« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2016, 05:54:31 AM »

Every single wideband 1.8t ECU i've bootmoded I've had to use a 10k resistor on the boot pin during the WHOLE process.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2016, 12:06:30 PM »

the last time where i was successful here was with the ecu already powered up then i grounded pin 24.
That will never work.

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2016, 12:07:31 PM »

Every single wideband 1.8t ECU i've bootmoded I've had to use a 10k resistor on the boot pin during the WHOLE process.

That may work for the eeprom, but that literally grounds out a line to the flash that will corrupt ALL flash read/writes.

Do not do that, do not tell others to do that.

All of this is voodoo crap that doesn't mean anything - people are associating random acts with success and making them hard and fast rules. Not a good thing.

The boot pin is SAMPLED ON BOOT. Period.

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
  Print  

Jump to: