Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Author Topic: Reading/writing/cloning your immobilizer: A beginners guide.  (Read 205000 times)
vwaudiguy

« Reply #135 on: December 19, 2016, 04:46:50 PM »

Every single wideband 1.8t ECU i've bootmoded I've had to use a 10k resistor on the boot pin during the WHOLE process.

Every single anyband ecu I've booted did not need a resistor. I don't leave it connected longer than 2-3 sec. during boot up either. Maybe it's a UK thing?  Grin

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
turboat

« Reply #136 on: December 24, 2016, 10:03:01 AM »

Nah I've never used a resistor on 1.8t widebands. They're probably the easiest ECUs I've worked on.
jnxtheband

« Reply #137 on: December 26, 2016, 09:05:43 AM »

ground pin 24, power on ecu, count one... two... remove 24 pin and then hit enter in your command
Try different baud rated, this should do the job.

Check adaption channel 91 for immo related information with vcds

i did, all it says is "4"
f1torrents

« Reply #138 on: December 27, 2016, 12:39:34 PM »

4 is adapted.
1 is off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
316LV

« Reply #139 on: December 27, 2016, 01:24:39 PM »

If you are having difficulty getting it into bootmode, I suggest making a simple push button ground for the pin. That way it is easy to try different intervals of grounding on bootup.

I used a seizer probe to hook onto pin 24, wired it through a momentary switch to an alligator clip. Works great. I've always had success with a five second ground on my 032HS ECU, but my 518AK needed at least eight seconds. Keep trying...

Go ahead and give me negative karma... I don't care if you like what I post princess.
adam-

« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2017, 06:14:01 AM »

All of this is voodoo crap that doesn't mean anything - people are associating random acts with success and making them hard and fast rules. Not a good thing.

The boot pin is SAMPLED ON BOOT. Period.
I had tried 2/3/4/5/6/7/8 seconds without success.  Putting it to ground the entire time kept it in bootmode.  Removing it drops it from boot.  I can video it if you want.  3 ECUs all with the same story.

I remember clear as day because the first time I bricked it I was panicking, had tried the method as documented (3 seconds during boot) and it never worked.  The first time I put the resistor to it and kept it there, it worked. 
prj

« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2017, 08:19:27 AM »

I had tried 2/3/4/5/6/7/8 seconds without success.  Putting it to ground the entire time kept it in bootmode.  Removing it drops it from boot.  I can video it if you want.  3 ECUs all with the same story.

I remember clear as day because the first time I bricked it I was panicking, had tried the method as documented (3 seconds during boot) and it never worked.  The first time I put the resistor to it and kept it there, it worked.  

You can't R/W the flash if you keep Pin 24 grounded on a 29F800. For the simple reason that Pin 24 is A0.
Also, once the MCU is in boot, that's it. Until the uploaded program reboots it, it will stay in boot. If the behavior you see is any different then you have a problem in your toolchain or hardware.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2017, 11:58:10 AM »

I had tried 2/3/4/5/6/7/8 seconds without success.  Putting it to ground the entire time kept it in bootmode.  Removing it drops it from boot.  I can video it if you want.  3 ECUs all with the same story.

I remember clear as day because the first time I bricked it I was panicking, had tried the method as documented (3 seconds during boot) and it never worked.  The first time I put the resistor to it and kept it there, it worked. 

Tell you what, flash an ECU with the bootmode pin grounded the whole time, and watch what happens.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
BlackT

« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2017, 01:23:36 PM »

Ok this is my first time playing with ECU.  i am using k+can commander 1.4 with FT232RQ
ECU is "4B0 906 018 CG" 1.8T AWT, on a bench
I am using this CMD program and reading EEPROM was successful, then i open it with hex editor and change this immo values to 02

Put ECU in boot mode and try to upload new eeprom data
The program shows that upload is succsessful, but it can not read EEPROM data

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX>C:\tuning\ME7EEPROM --bootmode 95040 -wp3 95040.bin
ME7_EEPROM v1.40
COM: 3, Baud Rate: 10400
Memory type: 95040, size: 512
Opening COM3 ... OK
Starting Boot_mode ... uC ID response 0xC5: C167CR ... OK
Sending Loader + MonitorCore ... MonitorCore successfully launched
Initializing registers ... OK
Sending EEPROM driver ... OK
Searching Chip_Select pin ... P4.7
Configuring SPI Interface ... OK
Checking EEPROM Status Register ... 0x00F0
Writing EEPROM ................................ OK
Verifying EEPROM write ... FAIL. (error=0x70101)
Closing COM3
after thet i put ECU in OBD mode, and it connect to ECU but cant read EEPROM...

So i tried to upload original .bin file and got same error
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX>C:\tuning\ME7EEPROM --bootmode 95040 -wp3 95040.bin
ME7_EEPROM v1.40
COM: 3, Baud Rate: 10400
Memory type: 95040, size: 512
Opening COM3 ... OK
Starting Boot_mode ... uC ID response 0xC5: C167CR ... OK
Sending Loader + MonitorCore ... MonitorCore successfully launched
Initializing registers ... OK
Sending EEPROM driver ... OK
Searching Chip_Select pin ... P4.7
Configuring SPI Interface ... OK
Checking EEPROM Status Register ... 0x00F0
Writing EEPROM ................................ OK
Verifying EEPROM write ... FAIL. (error=0x70101)
Closing COM3
But, the difference is after I put ECU in OBD mode i can read EEPROM successfully.

What I am missing?

In attachment the 95040.bin is original file and other id immo off
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:25:40 PM by BlackT » Logged
BlackT

« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2017, 02:18:38 AM »

good news party people,
Today i use this tool from bootom http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2973.15
95040sum.exe

The upload process has same error, can't verify EEPROM write. But after puting ECU in OBD mode i can read EEPROM.
VCDS showing VIN number that i set, no EEPROM DTC, and nefmoto can read flash file from ECU. 

So i think i made it  Roll Eyes
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #145 on: August 18, 2017, 10:31:12 AM »

good news party people,
Today i use this tool from bootom http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2973.15
95040sum.exe

The upload process has same error, can't verify EEPROM write. But after puting ECU in OBD mode i can read EEPROM.
VCDS showing VIN number that i set, no EEPROM DTC, and nefmoto can read flash file from ECU. 

So i think i made it  Roll Eyes

Thanks for the update, glad you got it sorted!

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
BlackT

« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2017, 02:46:48 AM »

Thanks for the update, glad you got it sorted!
You are welcome but I must say thank you and all other guys on this forum for yours work and detail instruction
diggy79

« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2018, 07:27:44 AM »

hey guys,

Pretty sure this is my first post., But i just say the group here and the info is awesome.  Read tone of post and hows and here is my experience.

Building a bench flashing using bit and pieces of a car..........Check
Getting a cheap ebay cable with the proper chip........

diggy79

« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2018, 07:40:53 AM »

hey guys,  don't know what happened in the previous post.?

Pretty sure this is my first post., But i just have to say the group here and the info is awesome.  Read tons of post and hows to and here and this is my experience with a 2.7T A6 AUTO ECU.  (i have never done this until now)

Building a bench flashing using bits and pieces of a car..........                                 Check
Getting a cheap ebay cable with the proper chip........                                          Check
Testing the above with VCDS lite                                                                       Check
Trying to use Nefmoto, only to find IMMO ECU                                                      Check
Learning how to bootmode a ECU using the 2 pads with a screwdriver                      Check
Reading Modifying and Writing a new 90540.bin  in command prompt                        Check
Being able to access said ECU with no immo                                                        Check

I agree with a Veterans here.,  Read and Read and Read some more  All the info and software required is here.

Cheers                         
turtlemann14

« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2018, 03:03:30 PM »

me7.5 8e0 909 518 f 1.8t a4 b6 2002 amb. both ecu have the same hardware numbers

im trying to get a second ecu to work so i can play around on it and keep my stock one safe incase the smoke comes out.
i finally got to read the 95040 chip on ecu(2) and pulled the bin file off of it and was able read and save it on my computer, so i pulled the stock ecu(1) out and did the same.
i got it to write to ecu(2) with ecu(1)'s program then shut it down and powered it back up to read and check the file, everything looks good to me, but my immobilizer does not like ecu(2).

any idea what i am doing wrong?
is there a way to specify what bin file is written to the ecu other than dropping it where the command prompt puts it in a read?
i saw in one thread that you can't rename the file or it wont be recognized, is that correct?

btw experiance level one day.

2002 a4 b6 AMB 1.8t quattro
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
  Print  

Jump to: