Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Author Topic: PID contoller calibration from square one  (Read 138325 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2013, 12:53:54 PM »

Missed this first time through.  KFLDIMX is a pilot value, not an upper limit.  It is the output under steady state conditions, and takes over from the PID under near-zero lde condition, if you will.  Follow ldimx output from the KFLDIMX logic in the FR.    The FR calls it a 'limit' but then says it 'describes the steady state duty cycle', "I- Begrenzung festlegen:
KFLDIMX: mit den station¨aren Tastverh¨altniswerten beschreiben." PDF page 874

There are other documents such as patents that describe the whole thing better than the FR.

Err. that isn't quite right. It doesn't take over, and it isn't really a pilot value. It prevents the I from accumulating infinitely.. such that when I reaches DIMX, and lde goes to zero, it is the only remaining non-zero PID component.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
s5fourdoor

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2013, 01:15:45 PM »

This seems interesting.  I'm going to continue my quest to clarify all of the LDR-PID address and axis details.  Here's an interesting looking function:
I wonder how much work it would take to build an optimization of sorts.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2013, 01:20:45 PM »

ME7's PID has all sort of gain scheduling, so its unlikely any of that will work well Sad

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
AARDQ

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2013, 01:22:00 PM »

Err. that isn't quite right. It doesn't take over, and it isn't really a pilot value. It prevents the I from accumulating infinitely.. such that when I reaches DIMX, and lde goes to zero, it is the only remaining non-zero PID component.

Sure it does.  Not in a digital 'lde is near-zero so switch to KFLDIMX' way, but it modifies what would otherwise happen, so in that sense it takes over.  (Knew I was in trouble as soon as I wrote it.)

Bosch calls it a pilot value; seems to fit.  Well, they call the value derived therefrom a pilot value to be perfectly accurate.

Your description is the simplest and clearest I've yet seen yet.
catbed

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2013, 11:34:30 PM »

Bringing this back. Trying to calibrate my tial 38.

Logged with KFLDRAPP set to 10-60% so far, arranged all my data nice and converted mbar to psi. I understand what's going on to get the duty->boost table and to linearize it and all that jazz, but I can't see to figure out how to "trace" the values for logged boost. Like what elRey does to get the yellow lines on his graphs. I have tried numerous functions such as TREND, VLOOKUP, INDEX MATCH, etc but to no avail.

I made a table with the KFLDRL axes, and I'm trying to fill it with values from my logged data. Any advice on what excel functions to use? I have googled almost everything I could think of, and my memory from my MATLAB/Excel class is a little foggy, lol.
elRey

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2013, 07:51:24 AM »

I manually traced it. I added my own column of data and adjusted each value so that line follows the overall curve.

You can try max() in the new column if you think grabbing the max boost from all the other data columns, but you first need to normalize or find all the boost values at common RPM nodes. Your logged data probably will not have common RPM nodes across all your runs. It can be done, I just didn't take it that far.

edit: I had to open the spreadsheet to remember.. the base table(top left) on sheet3 is the source for the trace lines. You have to manual enter values there. You can start with low values then flip to the graph. You should be able to then 'grab' the nodes on the graph and drag it to where you want. Be sure not to drag left/right, just up/down.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 08:21:20 AM by elRey » Logged
catbed

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2013, 05:21:29 PM »

I manually traced it. I added my own column of data and adjusted each value so that line follows the overall curve.

You can try max() in the new column if you think grabbing the max boost from all the other data columns, but you first need to normalize or find all the boost values at common RPM nodes. Your logged data probably will not have common RPM nodes across all your runs. It can be done, I just didn't take it that far.

edit: I had to open the spreadsheet to remember.. the base table(top left) on sheet3 is the source for the trace lines. You have to manual enter values there. You can start with low values then flip to the graph. You should be able to then 'grab' the nodes on the graph and drag it to where you want. Be sure not to drag left/right, just up/down.

Ah, I see. I was hoping that wasn't going to be your answer lol. Guess its time for some plugging-and-chugging.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 05:27:44 PM by catbed » Logged
prj

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2013, 05:24:12 PM »

You don't have to.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
catbed

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2013, 05:31:29 PM »

You don't have to.

Thanks for that!

I see your measured table, I presume in to be measured in bar, and other calculation tables, but I'll still have to trace out my logs to find the boost pressures for each duty cycle, no?
prj

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2013, 10:14:08 PM »

Use my WinLog converter posted here:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2049.0

After that make a matrix graph with boost pressure as the displayed variable.
Filter it by TPS > X

Set the RPM with a 40-100 way leeway each way.
Example matrix graph attached.

Then open your logs, with 0, 10, 20 and so on and write down the values.
You will still have to manually write them into Excel, but you won't have to do tracing.

Log your car properly.
prj

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2013, 10:16:59 PM »

Example matrix:

Log your car properly.
catbed

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2013, 05:01:18 PM »

After that make a matrix graph with boost pressure as the displayed variable.
Filter it by TPS > X

Set the RPM with a 40-100 way leeway each way.
Example matrix graph attached.

Then open your logs, with 0, 10, 20 and so on and write down the values.
You will still have to manually write them into Excel, but you won't have to do tracing.

Shocked You are the man. That is much easier than just picking values.

What are the opinions of re-scaling the axes of KFLDRL/DIMX? Are the axes shared with any other maps? Since I have a big turbo 1.8 I don't see much sense in having such high resolution from 1000-3000RPM.

EDIT: The FR says that KFLDIMX and KFLDRL are the only maps that use that RPM axis. I see no reason I can't change it, just have to make sure KFLDIMX gets changed appropriately, which is easy using prj's spreadsheet.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 05:25:37 PM by catbed » Logged
Milka

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2013, 05:27:19 PM »

Also you don't need to write anything down, just "Copy Matrix to Clipboard" option under file menu in Winlogview, paste into Excel.  Really cool and easy
prj

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2013, 01:32:32 AM »

Also you don't need to write anything down, just "Copy Matrix to Clipboard" option under file menu in Winlogview, paste into Excel.  Really cool and easy

Cool, I didn't know that myself Wink

Log your car properly.
s5fourdoor

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2013, 11:29:32 AM »

Hey Prj - Quick question regarding your spreadsheet.

On the Measured table, are you just setting column 95 to 2?  As-in, 2.0 bar is your target boost?  And then you are finding the other measured columns including 80 by doing actual controlled CWMDAPP=8 runs?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: