Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tial 605 tune info needed  (Read 6603 times)
quattroGmbH

« on: April 09, 2011, 03:43:00 PM »

Hi Guys,
   I am wondering if anyone knows what kind of tune will work with Tial 605's? I know they can't be run on the stock programming as you'll run lean but I am wondering if anyone knows if they will work on a stage 3 tune, specifically Tony's stage 3 tune ?Smiley) I cant afford to drop $5k on the EPL kit with MAF, injectors, and what not as I still need a lot of the basics like catback, trans mounts, and some other stuff needed when replacing an engine, not to mention labor! (I know, I know. I dont have the shop space, tools, or experience with this car Smiley)

Its my daily driver so I mostly just need it to be functional until I can afford all the go fast schwiz.
 Thank you!
judeisnotobscure

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 04:02:17 PM »

I would venture to say if you used the siemens 60 lb injectors and an 85mm hitatchi maf that your car would be ok to drive on 605's.

I have a b5 s4
but i just want to dance.
julex

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 08:09:39 PM »

Hi Guys,
   I am wondering if anyone knows what kind of tune will work with Tial 605's? I know they can't be run on the stock programming as you'll run lean but I am wondering if anyone knows if they will work on a stage 3 tune, specifically Tony's stage 3 tune ?Smiley) I cant afford to drop $5k on the EPL kit with MAF, injectors, and what not as I still need a lot of the basics like catback, trans mounts, and some other stuff needed when replacing an engine, not to mention labor! (I know, I know. I dont have the shop space, tools, or experience with this car Smiley)

Its my daily driver so I mostly just need it to be functional until I can afford all the go fast schwiz.
 Thank you!

You could use that tune except for the PID/Boost table which you should probably zero out otherwise you're risking severe overboost. I believe that 605s come with 16psi preloaded wastegates so without any boost control you'd be making a hair over 16psi.

Once you get that going, you can start tuning the boost tables until you arrive to a desired boost profile.

With the whole nefmoto movement paying for tune becomes a waste of money.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 12:47:54 PM by Tony@NefMoto » Logged
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 11:17:06 AM »

I will be trying to run the NefMoto base Stg. 3 tune in the next little while with my 605's.... I'm pretty sure with some minor tweaking it will be just fine.

But I do have a question about the PID/N75 duty.  I set my turbos to 18.5psi @ the gates, so I should be right around 20psi base without N75 control.... How can I force a 0% DC on the N75 for the first little bit?

Cheers!

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
judeisnotobscure

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 12:38:02 PM »

I think if you zero out Kfldimx and the n75 linearization map ( I don't remember the map name off the top of my head)... you could probably zero one or the other but I haven't tested it yet.  You will probably throw a negative deviation code though, you should scale back ldrxn as well,  something like 210 should work fine.

edit*
the boost linearization map is kfldrl
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:14:38 PM by judeisnotobscure » Logged

I have a b5 s4
but i just want to dance.
jibberjive

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 03:32:12 AM »

With the whole nefmoto movement paying for tune becomes a waste of money.
Agreed.  Spend the money you would've spent on a tune on monitoring equipment and put some time in to be competent (that where I'm working towards now), and you'll have free tunes/tweaking ability for life.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: