Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Getting P1555 After a few mods changes  (Read 4074 times)
AudiMan85

« on: January 01, 2014, 02:38:19 PM »

17963/P1555/005461
Boost Pressure Control: Upper Limit Exceeded Possible Symptoms: Reduced power output Limp mode
Possible Causes: Boost Pressure too HighHoses/Pipes incorrect connected, disconnected, blocked or leaking Charger Pressure Control defective VNT (variable nozzle turbo): nozzles stuck

Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) defective.

Possible Solutions:,Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components Check Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)

Check / Clean / Replace Charge Pressure Control
Check / Clean mechanism for variable nozzles

So what I just did was a timing belt service. New WP Thermo Belt all timing hardware. I cleaned intercoolers good. Cleaned throttle body.Cleaned MAF sensor (2000 A6 2.7 w/Bosch) I modded air box with pipercross high flow filter and drilled a whole in airvox where OEM RS4 airbox has a secondary port n valve.

I also deleted the SAI system. Plugged up Kombi with block offs. Codes out the SAI pump. Plugged vac lines to kombis. Worked great no codes. I also switch over to Brk7e plugs at .028 and I check timing in group 93 and I'm 2*kW and 1*kW so I did good with lock bar n no lock pin.

Anyways I was reading about the springs in my 007s might be too strong considering have them installed when boost pushes on bottom of valve like most cars. And I loweed the spring n took spacer out and the lowest spring acted strange. I'm busing a NVR Stage 2++ 93 oct file and I could feel them dv pop open. So I came home put the highest spring in with a spacer called it a day. Car boosted great.

Then the next day I swap out upgraded y boot for stock y boot cause I wanna go stock engine cover again. This time it ran a lot smoother with stock y boot then before but this modded NVR file n it runs good. But thing is boost pressure sensor in boot is hose clamped on since I lost the nuts n bracket to rebolt it to throttle body. I check a lot of vacuum hoses don't find leaks. MaybeMostly ones I touched and was around during my service But a bad y boot could do it.

Or maybe its the tune. I believe over boost limit in this tune/file is 275 or 375. I noticed to remove it people put 12xx something. But here's the thing. It pulls boost. Like wtf. Then u get off it. Hit the gas spools up n takes off like normal. It do it once. Then acts. fine. What on the car should I be looking at and where the tuned file should I be looking.? I have no other ever engine dtc's ever.

I'm sorry no logs. Cause it does it randomly and I come home and read p1555. Basically since yboot install and it looks 100% in perfect shape. My silicone one don't allow me to keep v6 biturbo cover on and I painted up the intake pipes nice and like the stock look under the hood.

Any ideas please let me know. Also if I log MAF can someone take a look at it to see if this MAF is good. I got it used off a friend car had 80k. I get worse gas mileage with newer MAF then the old one thatm blew out and read 4'ish all the time.

Or any blocks/groups I could be looking in or logging.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 02:51:34 PM by AudiMan85 » Logged

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 11:52:02 AM »

logs.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
userpike

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 12:38:18 PM »

at least post some fuel trims or something...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: