Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NefMoto on Porsche Cayenne Turbo, ME7.1.1, Error P0602  (Read 8289 times)
mark.sch

« on: April 16, 2011, 05:45:26 PM »

Hello,

the Bootmode of Galletto is really, really dangerous. Same ECUs work nice with the v1260, but today I had a bad experience on my Cayenne Turbo. First of all, the Ori ECU was read successfully with MPPS, unfortunately MPPS died after an automatic firmware update just before I was able to write. So, back to Galletto; writing finished with lots of ignition on/off steps during write, but, in one of the last steps it seams not to finish successfully.

Result: Always the P0602 error gets stored, so the engine will not start. You can turn on ignition, clear DTC and then start and drive. When ignition is switched off and on, the P0602 is back = no engine start w/o a notebook right now.

Just today I found the really nice and promissing NefMoto project; together with a VAG k+Can 1.4 cable, a connect with the Cayenne went fine; Ident went fine, on read Flash it fails with an uplad request error; however, a WRITE was possible (29F800) and completed after 19mins and was closed with a disconnect. Unfortunately the P0602 error still comes back, any ideas?

Best wishes,

Mark
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 03:50:22 PM »

Can you post the log file of what happened when you flashed with NefMoto?

Did you click the disconnect button when flashing was complete?

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
mark.sch

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 05:26:05 PM »

Does NefMoto store the logfile of previous sessions also at disk? The wrong flashing forced big headage for the last two days but was finally solved today - by taking the soldering iron and reading 29F800BB and 95P08 on the bench. Result: Flash was fine, but Eeprom was partly destroyed. As a result neither NefMoto nor Galletto nor a brand new MPPS was able to read/write the ECU anymore (deadlock).
4 lines of the eeprom have been overwitten with the text string NEFMTO, why did this happen? Only by luckily finding a similar P08 content of another Cayenne TT in one forum gave the possibility to merge the missing lines; car is working back again, also with the tuned binary with modified pressure limiters and increased pressure/load matrix now ;-)

Since NefMoto seems to be able to write the ECU eeprom, a feature of reading and saving the eeprom content will be very useful. I tried a quick look to figure out what might went wrong, but the Assemblies are well obfuscated Wink Since .Net is my daywork I would really like to contribute some derivated classes to support Porsche cars with this soft too.

Best wishes
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 11:33:38 AM »

DTC P0602 is the fault code for control module programming error.

If you open the NefMoto flasher, under the File menu you can open the log file or the folder it is in. That will contain the last 10 megabytes of log information if I recall.

When the flash memory is erased, the flashing protocol requires a 6 letter text string to record the name of the tool doing the erasing. This 6 letter string gets stored in the eeprom, and currently the NefMoto flashing software supplies the string "NEFMTO".

Was the only difference with the eeprom that the string "NEFMTO" had been written to it? Do you believe this is the reason the car would not start? Maybe your ECU requires this to be a specific text string.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: