Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Android solution with Nefmoto software?  (Read 31242 times)
jibberjive

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2011, 02:54:32 AM »

Also, if this patent ever made it to court,

IIRC GIAC did not succeed vs APR and they settled.

And an individual, no matter how in the "right", typically can't win vs a company with an actual legal team Sad

The only way to win is to develop a patent portfolio for defense... perhaps the community here can build one... and/or join OIN etc.

Again, I am not a lawyer, but I have had personal experience in patent lawsuits Smiley
I didn't read much past the copy protection encryption part, but based on Tony's synopsis and your comments, are you guys saying that the patent contends that the ability to read/write and ECU with different scalars (tune an ECU in essence) is APR's sole property?  If so, that's retarded.

Any details on GIAC v. APR?  Did they infringe on the general tuning, or specifically with the flash loader or something?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2011, 01:34:56 PM »

I didn't read much past the copy protection encryption part, but based on Tony's synopsis and your comments, are you guys saying that the patent contends that the ability to read/write and ECU with different scalars (tune an ECU in essence) is APR's sole property?  If so, that's retarded.

Any details on GIAC v. APR?  Did they infringe on the general tuning, or specifically with the flash loader or something?

I think it was specifically the cruise control mechanism...

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2011, 03:50:20 PM »

In the above patent, what was patented was interpolating between two maps, a stock one, and a performance one. This would be to allow you to have a 50% performance map by blending the two maps.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
RaraK

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2011, 08:12:58 PM »

I wouldnt worry about the patents so much, incase you didnt know about the APR vs. Revo thing...

http://www.goapr.com/revo/
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2011, 09:03:26 PM »

LOL, um... wow...
snackbarber

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 03:08:10 PM »

Just starting to play around with logging and flashing a b5 s4.  Would sure be interested to hear if there are any developments on the bluetooth adapter front.  I know GIAC now has a bluetooth flashloader.  http://www.giacusa.com/flashloader_handheld.php I would love to replace my GIAC flashloader for my B7 A4 and HEX-CAN with a small bluetooth device that could be left plugged in.  Anyone been able to log at a reasonable refresh rate via bluetooth(pc or smartphone)?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: