Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: How to prepare a spare MED9.1 ECU?  (Read 115035 times)
andrax

« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2017, 12:13:12 PM »

BDM100 uses an old cracked version of Dimsport / CMD. I tried with both. Usually a full MPC (inc EEP) is 821KB.

Thanks for your effort gman86! He used indeed a CMD version. Is it possible that it only contains the flash memory?
Carsinc

« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2018, 10:59:36 PM »

Soo I'm not sure if i should just start a new thread, but I'm assuming since all 2.0fsi ecu are the same that the 3.6fsi will bee the same.
I am going to make a spare ecu for a new project and figured id ask before buying a random part number off ebay
Bitshifter

« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2018, 04:59:18 AM »

I want to prepare a spare ECU and i idn’t really want to open up my original ECU, so it isn`t possible to make a clone.

I read e² and flash by BDM from ebay ECU an try ECU swap (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer_IV_ECU_Swapping).

If i try to login (12665), VCDS shows an error: ECU send no seed. It drives me crazy. What is the problem?

Set IMMO off: car starts all fine.

pompak

« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2018, 07:28:25 PM »

And what about the situation if I have the original ecu 8P0907115K (a3 quattro), I will buy BDM, I will read flash and e2prom. I will buy a second spare ecu, but I will want it to have a number, for example 8P0907115B, because kp is available and "k" is not available. I will program the backup code 8P0907115B, and e2prom with ecu orginał, does it have a chance to work? Will it be necessary to do immo-off for backup?
I apologize if I write inaccurately - I am using a translator.
greetings
gman86

« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2018, 10:33:26 PM »

And what about the situation if I have the original ecu 8P0907115K (a3 quattro), I will buy BDM, I will read flash and e2prom. I will buy a second spare ecu, but I will want it to have a number, for example 8P0907115B, because kp is available and "k" is not available. I will program the backup code 8P0907115B, and e2prom with ecu orginał, does it have a chance to work? Will it be necessary to do immo-off for backup?
I apologize if I write inaccurately - I am using a translator.
greetings

TFSI MED9.1's are HW identical. I've yet to find one that won't work when BDM a flash and EEPROM backup onto
Dave9n3

« Reply #125 on: January 07, 2019, 01:46:36 PM »

5) Running an Audi A4 8e0907115 EEPROM on anything other than an A4 will cause the FANS to run constantly

Hoping someone may be able to answer a question or two I have regarding this point. I actually just purchased a spare MED9.1 from a 2.0TFSI A4, (admittedly not the same numbers posted) ecu to make a spare with, for the same reasons as Basano. So far I've done a BDM read of the spare, and a read of the flash from the MK5 GTI i'd like to make a spare from - its a DSG model 1K0907115J.

In order to avoid the above issue with the A4 EEPROM causing issues when used in conjunction with a different flash can anyone confirm if using a immo off'd 1K0907115H e2p with an immo off'd 1K0907115J should be ok?

I don't have a can shield and probably lack the skills to write the code for it at this moment otherwise I would be keen on doing it that way by grabbing the RAM.  Grin Grin
eliotroyano

« Reply #126 on: January 07, 2019, 06:58:55 PM »

Hoping someone may be able to answer a question or two I have regarding this point. I actually just purchased a spare MED9.1 from a 2.0TFSI A4, (admittedly not the same numbers posted) ecu to make a spare with, for the same reasons as Basano. So far I've done a BDM read of the spare, and a read of the flash from the MK5 GTI i'd like to make a spare from - its a DSG model 1K0907115J.

In order to avoid the above issue with the A4 EEPROM causing issues when used in conjunction with a different flash can anyone confirm if using a immo off'd 1K0907115H e2p with an immo off'd 1K0907115J should be ok?

I don't have a can shield and probably lack the skills to write the code for it at this moment otherwise I would be keen on doing it that way by grabbing the RAM.  Grin Grin

If you are able to BMD´d that ECUs why not just clone (flash + serial eeproms) your OEM ECU to the spare one??? You will have an ECU just like your original one avoiding many compatibility issues.
Dave9n3

« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2019, 01:49:20 AM »

If you are able to BMD´d that ECUs why not just clone (flash + serial eeproms) your OEM ECU to the spare one??? You will have an ECU just like your original one avoiding many compatibility issues.

For a couple of reasons really - the main one being that its actually my brothers car, he uses it daily and its a similar situation to Basano not wanting to crack the original ecu open. So if I can have a de-immobilised spare using the correct flash that would be sufficient. Maybe I should look into doing what Basano did with the can shield and arduino.

I also feel it's not a bad idea to find out about what is or isn't compatible for future reference in case something was to go really wrong.
aef

« Reply #128 on: January 08, 2019, 02:44:44 AM »

Lol, these cars are old these days. There is no risk by opening, bdm read and sealing it.

Dave9n3

« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2019, 05:19:13 AM »

Lol, these cars are old these days. There is no risk by opening, bdm read and sealing it.

Agreed, they are old so please forgive me for being massively behind. I understand it's no big deal if you've done it many times before, i'd just like to produce a known working spare before I crack open the one that is currently in use. I was being lazy and hoping someone might have known about the compatibility and could share the info. Worst case i'll just test it myself  Smiley
aef

« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2019, 07:10:49 AM »

Even if you scratch the board near the edge with a cutter while opening the bdm will work and you can do a full backup.
But its easy, just take your time and nice tools.

Only way to kill it is the bdm itself if you mix the right pins and 12v will be on a wrong pin.

reseal it for waterproof and thats it.
Bitshifter

« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2019, 08:45:49 AM »

Even if you scratch the board near the edge with a cutter while opening the bdm will work and you can do a full backup.

In my experience never need to scratch. Just take a hot air gun und heat the part where it is sealed. I think you`ll find your own (best) way.....maybee a mix of both methods?! Wink
grainqey

« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2021, 01:31:26 PM »

Sorry to bump this thread but it's very helpful and wanted to ask a quick question for clarification which is related.
I'm a noob so please be gentle, I've read about the a4 ecu keeping the fans running and that the med9.1 ecu's are identical HW wise etc.

I'm planning to bdm a spare ecu for my a4 with the S3 eeprom and flash as I've fitted a k04 turbo - didn't have the S3 kp file to just compare and amend the values as a base map on the BUL file that I have got the kp file for. I have changed the flash on the BUL file for an uprated hpfp but planned to learn using the S3 vs a4 comparisons in the file as a start (I've read through the med9.1 beginner thread but found the problem of either having the kp file (or not in the case of the S3) and being at the mercy of somebody else's translation or using the German full definition file and having everything and getting overwhelmed)

Thanks and sorry for the long reply
Turbonite

« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2021, 11:02:59 AM »

First of all what is the part number of your original ECU? Then am I to understand that you are panning to flash the software from an Audi S3? What is its part number?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: