Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: blinking check engine light and epc when key is turned no start  (Read 17770 times)
_nameless

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 07:23:26 PM »

car still wont start and periodically there's a clicking behind the dash and my throttle body keeps trying to cycle ? what am i missing here ? 

here is the factory chip for your ecu http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-AM29F800BB-70SC-AM29F800BB-/281043841364?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416f84b154 or if you want and providing your in the same country that im in I have 2 s4 ecus Abox and Hbox. If you want to mail me yours I can mail you a factory replacement.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
wagstach

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 09:18:50 AM »

i was able to source an 2001 a6 2.7 MT box for 70 bucks should i buy it ?..... i dont have the steadiest hands and proper soldering equipment
ddillenger

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 11:24:50 AM »

70 bucks is fair!

If you want, I will fix your ecu. Just cover the chip (5 bucks) and shipping!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
wagstach

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 11:35:47 AM »

thanks for the help guys, i think im just going to buy the second ecu to get it here quick and have a spare . i need to get this thing running. the  engineering college i go to has the proper soldering tools for my use  getting a new chip soldered in the original ecu shouldn't be a problem now that i think about it.
ddillenger

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 11:38:13 AM »

Very good! Just make sure to get one rated for the same speed (or faster).

Stock is 29F800BB-70SE, I use 29F800BB-70SD without a problem. Do not use 29F800BB-90S!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
wagstach

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 07:12:37 PM »

My chip is a am29f800bb-120sc  any ideas how i could fix the problems im having with this chip ?
Ramathorn420

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2014, 07:51:28 PM »

Hey everyone... I'm having a very similar problem. I installed EV14's today and I have been tweaking the tune for a good part of the day. On my last flash, everything appeared to flash normally as it always has but when I started my car it jumped to 2200 rpms then almost died and bounced again and I killed it. The EPC and check engine where both flashing the entire time it was on. I started it one more time to see if it was bricked, to my limited knowledge it wouldn't start again once it was bricked. But it started. So I tried to flash my last known good file on the car, but now NEF connects but when i try to flash it says "Disconnected because no response was received from Tester Present Image"     I thankfully got a hold of ddillenger and he told me to disconnect the battery and keep trying as long as it started it wasn't bricked. I waited for about an hour with the battery disconnected, when I plugged it back in and turned the key to on, the TB began to cycle. It connected to nef first try, but same message again about 5 seconds later. VCDS will not connect to the ECU, but will to every other controller. I kept trying at different speeds etc.. with nothing. So I started it, it will stay alive if you keep your foot in it, but bounces and both EPC and check engine light flash. I only ran it for 5-7 seconds and killed it, and started it again one more time and it always seems to start. From everything I've read over the last two hours, it sounds to me like it's bricked. But I still have a lot to learn so I wanted to get everyone's opinion. Thank you in advance for your help!!!!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2014, 08:57:36 PM »

Yep. Bootmode it.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Ramathorn420

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2014, 09:29:34 PM »

Right on, thank you for the reply!  I will be purchasing another ECU tomorrow from ddillenger as well as attempting to bootmode my current one. 
ddillenger

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2014, 09:49:09 PM »

Just be careful not to accidentally touch any other pins Tongue

A test light with a fine point works well, or a tinned wire.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Ramathorn420

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2014, 12:16:04 PM »

Thanks for the idea of the test light ! worked great!  Sadly I attempted a few times today to get it into bootmode and I'm getting nothing.  Huh  One thing I did notice, when I ground pin 24 the throttle body stops cycling, until I attempt to flash. If I keep pin 24 grounded as I read some have done and try to flash, it starts the flash process but after "erasing...ok" "writing error" and thats as far as I can get it. Any thoughts?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2014, 02:01:37 PM »

If I keep pin 24 grounded as I read some have done

I don't know of anybody who has done this.

Pin 24 is an actual data or address line (forget which) which is sampled by the ECU during bootstrapping *BEFORE THE FLASH IS ACCESSED*

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Ramathorn420

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2014, 03:33:48 PM »

I will have to find the thread I read it in, but he stated he grounded the pin until the read/write started if  I remember correct. Either way I haven't spent very much time going over bootmode stuff in the first place so I feel like a complete dumbass while trying to figure this out, plus I should've been more prepared for this situation...  Cry Embarrassed Angry       But now Im just going to take a step back and start re reading.
_nameless

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2014, 06:27:43 AM »

I will have to find the thread I read it in, but he stated he grounded the pin until the read/write started if  I remember correct. Either way I haven't spent very much time going over bootmode stuff in the first place so I feel like a complete dumbass while trying to figure this out, plus I should've been more prepared for this situation...  Cry Embarrassed Angry       But now Im just going to take a step back and start re reading.

easy inside car... disconnect battery remove and inspect ecu find boot pin 24 on the 800bb chip. with ecu still disassembled plug in only the larger of the 2 plugs from the car to the ecu. with the power still disconnected put your key in the ignition and turn to the run position. use some fine gauge wire 20- 18 awg, find a good ground spot on the block, firewall etc to ground that wire... put it behind a bolt twist it around something so it has good connection... ok now that the battery is disconnected, key is in the run position, and ecu is hooked up... this is where it gits critical.. best is to have a buddy help you for the next few steps... touch pin 24 on the 800bb chip with the wire that you grounded to the engine / firewall... when your comfortable and know you have good connection (this is where a friend comes in handy) put your ground cable back onto the battery.... continue to hold the wire on pin 24 for about 5 seconds..... have your computer set up and ready to go with mpps or galletto and the file you are ready to write after your 5 seconds click write file and your computer will start a blind write to the ecu....

few side notes... use some solder and tin the end of the wire like dd said. this will help reduce the chance of hitting other pins... could use a resistor to reduce the chance of damage if other pins where hit... You might have to try more then once to get the sequence down too... once you do it its forever easy after that... just take your time and do it... If you have any questions or further troubles shoot me a pm and ill help you out...

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Ionut

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2014, 07:37:53 AM »

Don`t forget to get out fuse from dashboard before getting into boot mode on the car. I`ve tried more than 3 hours with no success. After removing dashboard fuse worked like a charm.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: