Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dual mafs on a 2.7  (Read 3949 times)
Quattrostyle

« on: February 12, 2014, 04:40:58 PM »

Hello y'all. I am new to nefmoto and I would like someone with more knowledge than I for an idea that I have. Basically I want delete the y pipe and have the inlets for the turbos to be behind each headlight left and right. I have figured a few ways of doing this, one is running a stand alone system and only having map sensor. The other is a blow through maf that will be just before the throttle body. But I saw a converter that will take the readings from two mafs and convert it to the reading of one. I also don't want to have to change the tune I will be running which is rather stout. I don't know that much about aftermarket modifications to engine control modules but I am a certified Audi technician and have an understanding of electrical systems but this is out of my knowledge base. Any help would be much appreciated!
A6_C5_Allroad

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 08:26:02 PM »

Hello y'all. I am new to nefmoto and I would like someone with more knowledge than I for an idea that I have. Basically I want delete the y pipe and have the inlets for the turbos to be behind each headlight left and right. I have figured a few ways of doing this, one is running a stand alone system and only having map sensor. The other is a blow through maf that will be just before the throttle body. But I saw a converter that will take the readings from two mafs and convert it to the reading of one. I also don't want to have to change the tune I will be running which is rather stout. I don't know that much about aftermarket modifications to engine control modules but I am a certified Audi technician and have an understanding of electrical systems but this is out of my knowledge base. Any help would be much appreciated!

And what advantages do you hope to gain with such a set up?      As designed, the 2.7T Bi-Turbo is a well engineered motor that can handle many HP & Torque increasing mods that are not so radical ( Unless you were to go with a single, larger turbo mod ).   

If you  are hoping for a huge increase in airflow and expect to maintain your current tune, it's not gonna happen.  Either way, you will have to change your MAPS and, since it's a "never been done before" mod, your talking about a very specialized tune = $$$$

If your goal is for a substantial increase in airflow, have you consider piggies, bigger exhaust and larger turbos?

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see any huge advantage to such a modification.

Can you tell us more about what you hope to gain??
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: