Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Newbie to self tuning here - advice needed  (Read 1125 times)
M7LTH

« on: August 07, 2023, 02:02:06 AM »

Hi all, I hope this post finds you all in good health. First of all my car: A 2015 Volvo XC60 2.0L 4-cyl D4 Manual.  I am looking to hook up a laptop and re-tune the ECU myself, specifically I am looking for a way to delete EGR myself. (the car is used off road) First of all I am a complete newbie and so please do treat me as such. What I'd like to know is what 'kit' would I need to get this done? i.e what type of usb to odb2 connector do I need? And also what software would I need?  many thanks!
movinsleeper28

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 04:08:39 PM »

You find people here are a little rude
xM1ke

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 01:06:00 PM »

Hi all, I hope this post finds you all in good health. First of all my car: A 2015 Volvo XC60 2.0L 4-cyl D4 Manual.  I am looking to hook up a laptop and re-tune the ECU myself, specifically I am looking for a way to delete EGR myself. (the car is used off road) First of all I am a complete newbie and so please do treat me as such. What I'd like to know is what 'kit' would I need to get this done? i.e what type of usb to odb2 connector do I need? And also what software would I need?  many thanks!

This Denso ECU cannot be read or written over OBD if it is not unlocked first, you have to remove it from the car to read and write it (bench). The cheapest and most reliable tool & flashing software that is able do this is, is a genuine Tactrix Openport 2.0, PCMFlash (+ flash license for this ECU) and a powerbox for PCMFlash.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: