Pages: [1]
Author Topic: memory validation errors  (Read 4549 times)
blmlozz

« on: February 16, 2014, 09:05:26 AM »

00 b5 s4
A and T box ECUs

I successfully flashed a file using 800BB last night, and I received an updated version with an EGT code out last night from my helper

I now can not pass read or write with the new file without nefmoto giving me a memory validation error

I've tried two computers, one with 1.9.3.2 and one with 1.9.1.2 (this was used to write) and both produce the same result. interestingly, the test validtion on the 1.2. says my old file matches the ECU but the new does not, buth whether I have either file selected in the open box it gives me the error with 800BB selected when trying to read the ECU.

I've reinstalled nefmoto, and verified that my cable works (it's  KII ross tech), I've verified that intelegent mode is unchecked and I can read from the ECU through VCDS and the car runs on the old file.

I can read ECU info from KMP2000 if I don't try to read/write first otherwise it will then fail.

Thoughts?
blmlozz

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 10:00:06 AM »

additionally, in 1.2 when I check memory layout and the 'old' F4H file that is on both ECU's currently, it will pass the 'validation' check, but then If I say, go to write that file it will fail (even though it's the exact same file, and nefmoto *just* told me that it passed validation)
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 10:08:12 AM »

If someone changed the file to prevent reading that will cause the validation error.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
blmlozz

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 10:22:04 AM »

Thank you, I found the same answer while searching and have basically concluded the same. However, I haven't found out what to actually do about that.

Now, I don't care what happens to the file on the ECU, all I care about is if the new file I want to write will work *with* nefmoto telling me that it can not validate the memory layout. It gives me an option to basicly 'force write' without the validation. That's what I want to do... as long as it won't brick the ECU.
phila_dot

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 10:55:02 AM »

It sounds like you don't entirely trust your "helper".

Assuming whoever you got the file from knows what they're doing, then you won't have any problems ignoring the warning and writing the file.
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 10:59:45 AM »

Run the file through me7check, see if it complains about bootrom changes.

Otherwise, search the hex for:

09 0A 0B 0C 00

It'll be at the beginning of the file. That should read 09 0A 0B 0C 0F. Chaging the 0F--->00 stops most OBD reading, but also causes the memory validation to fail.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: