Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Staling when clutch depressed  (Read 32583 times)
userpike

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2014, 03:03:43 PM »

Any more ideas?

What have you done with your rear 02?

I read in the me7 system strategy PDF something about the rear 02 sensor effecting fueling coming off throttle or something like that so the cat stays healthy. so I guess if its still installed or something isn't coded out entirely/correctly and coming off throttle is mega rich it might cut fueling back and stall? IDK just an idea.
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2014, 03:58:17 PM »

What fuel pump are you running ?
catbed

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2014, 05:18:58 PM »

What have you done with your rear 02?

I read in the me7 system strategy PDF something about the rear 02 sensor effecting fueling coming off throttle or something like that so the cat stays healthy. so I guess if its still installed or something isn't coded out entirely/correctly and coming off throttle is mega rich it might cut fueling back and stall? IDK just an idea.

o2 is installed in the downpipe, all diagnosis turned off in PROKONAL and ESKONF only deletes SAI pump relay. I'll have to look into it, but I don't think it will be affecting anything.

Fuel pump is a Walbro 255.
catbed

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2014, 06:38:44 PM »

Could a faulty clutch switch cause this behavior? I noticed the two times I've tried to use my NLS it did not activate as wrll
ddillenger

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2014, 06:49:17 PM »

Check function by going to ENGINE, then MEASURING BLOCKS, the 060. When the clutch is out the 3rd bit (from the right) should be 0. push the clutch in, it should change to 1.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
catbed

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2014, 01:29:46 AM »

Check function by going to ENGINE, then MEASURING BLOCKS, the 060. When the clutch is out the 3rd bit (from the right) should be 0. push the clutch in, it should change to 1.

Block 066, but the clutch switch seems to be working properly.

No idea where to go from here.
catbed

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2014, 07:59:10 PM »

Another thing I noticed today, it only happens when the motor is warm.
userpike

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2014, 08:55:42 AM »

Another thing I noticed today, it only happens when the motor is warm.

I would bring the torque reserve back closer to stock. just guessing here though.

minimum engine load is less when the engine is warm so maybe you did too much of what you did but not for when the engine is cold. Also the issue is at a time when load is at a minimum but at a higher rpm. you let out the clutch and the engine drops rpm =  no/min load condition and then stall. maybe torque reserve doesn't have enough "reserve" for that condition.
catbed

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2014, 09:42:54 AM »

I would bring the torque reserve back closer to stock. just guessing here though.

minimum engine load is less when the engine is warm so maybe you did too much of what you did but not for when the engine is cold. Also the issue is at a time when load is at a minimum but at a higher rpm. you let out the clutch and the engine drops rpm =  no/min load condition and then stall. maybe torque reserve doesn't have enough "reserve" for that condition.

After increasing it and it didnt help, I put it back to stock.
userpike

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2014, 06:12:12 PM »

After increasing it and it didnt help, I put it back to stock.
well damn..I have no idea.

you said that it doesn't do this with the MAF unplugged, have you tried using the ori sensor in a comparable sized housing to the one that's in there? I don't know what an A box gets for a MAF nor the CH box. I know some ECUs come with Hitachi and others Bosch and changes are needed to swap them. Also there are both narrow and wide band MAF sensors. Could it be that the maf in now is either a narrow or wideband MAF and the software is set up for the opposite? an example would be using a sensor from an AWW1.8t on an AWP 1.8t, narrow band sensor on wide band software.
catbed

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2014, 06:17:38 PM »

well damn..I have no idea.

you said that it doesn't do this with the MAF unplugged, have you tried using the ori sensor in a comparable sized housing to the one that's in there? I don't know what an A box gets for a MAF nor the CH box. I know some ECUs come with Hitachi and others Bosch and changes are needed to swap them. Also there are both narrow and wide band MAF sensors. Could it be that the maf in now is either a narrow or wideband MAF and the software is set up for the opposite? an example would be using a sensor from an AWW1.8t on an AWP 1.8t, narrow band sensor on wide band software.

I don't see how that could cause an issue. I took the MAF housing+bosch sensor from a 2.7t a6 and copied the MLHFM from the Abox and pasted into my file. Many people have done this without issue. I don't think it is necessarily the MAF because idle is rock solid other than this problem.

Does anybody know the actually name of the function, or "dashpot" as overspeed states, that catches the revs when coming down to idle? When I let the car decelerate to below 2k RPM and then push the clutch in, 9 times out of 10 the revs will catch nicely and descend to idle speeds. I may be chasing a red herring here but I'm always open to learning new me7 stuff anyway. And since everyone has run out of ideas it seems I am on my own for this one.
AARDQ

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2014, 07:58:20 PM »

KIFZGHG?  "Integrator gain of the vehicle model for manual transmission"
catbed

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2014, 08:20:52 PM »

Still haven't made any progress on fixing this. Anybody got any other ideas about this?

Could DV placement cause this? I moved mine to near the throttle body as opposed to the stock location right at the outlet of the turbo. Idk, grasping at straws here lol.
userpike

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2014, 09:27:23 PM »

Still haven't made any progress on fixing this. Anybody got any other ideas about this?

Could DV placement cause this? I moved mine to near the throttle body as opposed to the stock location right at the outlet of the turbo. Idk, grasping at straws here lol.

I have the Forge DV relocation kit with Forge DV installed on my car and never had that issue.

userpike

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2014, 11:20:53 PM »

I just reread the thread to kinda update myself and I saw you changed MLHFM for the MAF and that seems to be it. Try changing KFKHFM to what it is from the file of which uses the MAF you currently have installed as it's stock unit or maybe "all 1 it". I think this will help out. I switched from the 1.8tAWP MAF(stock) to a 1.8t BEA which is a 3inch MAF housing with the exact same sensor part number as the AWP sensor. At first I only switched out MLHFM and was getting wierd dips in rpm at idle/offidle but it never stalled like you explained but would stall a couple times during a cold start attempt.( I am in FL so my idea of a cold start is like 72F) Also AFR would fluctuate constantly, I saw this from watching my WB meter match front o2 sensor lambda all while the engine rpm would surge and dip at idle. Sometimes if I really got on it during a run, afr would stay at like 10 at idle after and never re-adapt until I shut it off and restarted it and sometimes I would have to reset adaption values, after a few minutes a good AFR would be adapted to. If I was cruising before resetting adaption values, AFR would go back to stoich. I changed KFKHFM to the stock map values from a 1.8t BEA AudiTT225q, I think a CHbox ECU. Like magic, it all went away. I'm running just over half the injector you are and k04-023 turbo though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: