Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Coding out P0740  (Read 3502 times)
smeege

« on: April 28, 2011, 07:50:17 AM »

Is it possible to prevent the ECU from recognizing the p0740 CEL requet from a TCM? I know several people with the "TCC off" tripping their CEL, and they would just like their light to go off, since the car still drives fine.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 11:51:50 AM »

It is possible to prevent any DTC from being stored.

This doesn't mean the car will run properly if the DTC is for a required system, but it does mean the DTC is never stored.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
Hollywood

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 07:30:52 AM »

And just an FYI because I haven't seen anyone respond with actual results. Using a resistor to trick the TCM into staying in a cold map and not using TCC lockup DOES work to suppress this fault, but it does in fact make the car shift terribly when warmed up. So bad that the car isn't really drivable around town when resistor is added to keep trans temp below 30c.

I know people will say "just fix your car" or explain to me what this fault is for. I have 3 cars, all 3.0L auto quattro. All of them have needed TCs for over a year. I paid less than $2000 each because they all needed TCs and cats. All of them are loaner cars which I give to customers who drive them like rentals...Just exploring ways to keep the engine light out so I don't have to scan the car every week to verify that no new faults are present.

So any ideas would be helpful...other than "replaced your torque converter"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: