Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IMMO 3 VDO Cluster  (Read 8203 times)
Dansully84

« on: April 06, 2014, 08:29:51 AM »

Hi, I  Have a 2003 Seat Leon Cupra. It has a VDO V03 Cluster 1M0920922F which has failed, guages and backlighting failed. Tried the usual vagtacho. Cant login and retieve PIN/SKC. I have used Vag Can Commander but again the auto detect function will not work. I have read a copy of the eeprom or ram. Been reading through the forum to find out how to find PIN in eeprom dump but couldn't find the answer. I have attached the eeprom dumps of my old cluster and replacement new (used) cluster. Can anyone help to decipher the PIN/SKC from them or advise me how? Many thanks
f1torrents

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 10:03:18 AM »

Get your "old" PIN from the ECU you can use Vag commander or argdubs tool on here.

As for the pin from the "new" cluster, im not sure what file you uploaded but the one on your post doesn't seem good.
Dansully84

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 11:08:28 AM »

That dump for the new cluster was taken with vag can commander. it wouldn't autodetect with the read button. i read the rom/flash button and manually selected the address from 0 - 2000. it read up to about 800.

I already read the eeprom of the engine ecu with vag can commander, see bin file attached, i think if i worked it out correctly the PIN for the ecu and old cluster is 04929. can some1 confirm?

Still need to find the PIN for the new VDO cluster..... anyone know of a procedure to extract the pin... vagtacho and vag commander wont do it automatically.
f1torrents

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 12:37:56 PM »

4929 is ok.

install new cluster.
connect vag tacho
select ecu ---  VDO new
Connect ECU
Read PIN

Those are the steps you need to take .
Dansully84

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 01:37:28 PM »

Hi, I tried vagtacho on the new cluster already... Reads the tacho type, vin and immobilisers serials but can't login to retrieve PIN. I know it takes a few tries sometimes but I have tried to login with vagtacho loads and to no effect.
f1torrents

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 02:24:18 PM »

If you are using a clone Vag tacho you will have to try many times.

Either tool you have is capable of getting the PIN.
userpike

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 09:54:36 PM »

If you are using a clone Vag tacho you will have to try many times.

Either tool you have is capable of getting the PIN.

like 10 consecutive attempts before it worked for me with vag tacho clone, don't lose hope man!
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 09:55:30 PM »

Also, consider vag eeprom programmer v1.19.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Dansully84

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 07:24:33 AM »

Thanks guys managed to download vag eeprom programmer and it works effortlessly!!! Read old cluster eeprom and wrote file to new cluster! Perfect. Cheap clone vagtacho 5.0 would not login in in all the attempts I tried (lots). Sorted
Owdi

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 11:26:08 AM »

Hi, I  Have a 2003 Seat Leon Cupra. It has a VDO V03 Cluster 1M0920922F which has failed, guages and backlighting failed. Tried the usual vagtacho. Cant login and retieve PIN/SKC. I have used Vag Can Commander but again the auto detect function will not work. I have read a copy of the eeprom or ram. Been reading through the forum to find out how to find PIN in eeprom dump but couldn't find the answer. I have attached the eeprom dumps of my old cluster and replacement new (used) cluster. Can anyone help to decipher the PIN/SKC from them or advise me how? Many thanks

Just for anyone hoping to use the dump presented in this thread for a Seat Leon cluster, please DON'T. The file is corrupt and useless, download the one from post number 5 in the thread here: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=13861.0title=

elektronik13

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 05:13:17 PM »

reading eeprom is error or not this eeprom
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: