Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ecu switching, could I just swap files to avoid immo problem?  (Read 9467 times)
volksdude

here is my problem:

I want to install a stage 3 ecu in a 2002 GTI. The stage 3 ecu still has immo in (immo2 since it's from a 2001 wolfsburg) and I can't make it fit to the GTI since the cluster is immo3.

Could i just "copy" the stage 3 ecu and dump it in the 2002 without messing with immo coding?. The problem I see tough is that I'll have to do both eadings and writings in the GTI as I don't have benchflash neither the original owner of the stage 3 ecu.

If I can't I would like to know how to disable immo3 for future work I'll do
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 12:15:28 PM by nyet » Logged
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 04:07:01 PM »

If the ECU hardware is the same between the two ECUs, then you should just be able to the file from one ECU to another. The immo coding should be in the serial eeprom which is separate from the flash memory.

Depending on the tune in the flash memory, it is possible the tuner requires matching code in the serial eeprom to run the tune.

There may also be some data in the flash memory that specifies which immo version is being used.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
RaraK

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 01:55:29 PM »

hmm shame, get the ecu IMMO defeated.  but it should work anyways ive made a lot of ecu swaps over time in my 2002 gti with earlier ecu's(DL) which is from the 2001 AWW engine code, where mine was the AWP(HS)
volksdude

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 06:21:35 AM »

can't i read that damn immo chip with galleto or vagtacho?

I've tried to recode the cluster with an AWW hex i had but it didn't worked...
DJGonzo
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 10:54:12 PM »

can't i read that damn immo chip with galleto or vagtacho?

I've tried to recode the cluster with an AWW hex i had but it didn't worked...
AFAIK nothing can really read the entire immo chip. Usually its just dumps off the ECU's memeory.
lave3k

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 11:22:36 PM »

I agree if the ECU code is the same or at least close like 06a's on both you might have a shot taking the flash from the 03 ecu and writing it onto the 02, would recommend using Galleto for that sort of thing.  Like Tony mentioned some tunes will have a fit about the eeprom data not matching.  Do you know what tune it is?
volksdude

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 06:45:34 AM »

I agree if the ECU code is the same or at least close like 06a's on both you might have a shot taking the flash from the 03 ecu and writing it onto the 02, would recommend using Galleto for that sort of thing.  Like Tony mentioned some tunes will have a fit about the eeprom data not matching.  Do you know what tune it is?

yeah revo stg 2

but like I said In my previous post, if we have acces to a 2001 ecu, could I program the cluster to make it believe it's the AWW ecu and just do the adaptation immo1 trick with vagcom? or the damn black box that match to the key transponder chip will f*ck me over?
jona29

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 12:29:20 PM »

maybe swap eeprom in ecu if both same ? last resort if no access to bench flash
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: