Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hello ;D  (Read 2270 times)
notfastwes

« on: April 21, 2014, 12:10:49 AM »

My name is Wes and i live in the north west of England.
I drive a big ass lazy 2000 Audi a6 1.8t auto with the engine code APU
I intend to learn how to make my car feel a little less lazy and am hoping you guys will be able to help.

I have owned my car for nearly eight years and although it has been very dependaple it is becoming somewhat boring to drive. Unfortunately for me the ecu is a funny one and most people i speak to with regards to a remap struggle to give me any info. I did get someone to come and do a remap and the guy said that he has never had an issue flashing ecus before and guess what, yes he bricked it. this was about two years ago and left me without a car for a good 5 days while he sent it off to be unbricked.

So in the couple of years since then i have been trying to find out as much info on my ecu as possible and all i have come accross is how much of a pain in the ass it is. So i at the end of last week i purchased another ecu from a local breakers to try and get a better understanding of this ecu.

The ecu for my car is 4B0 906 018 A and the ecu i purchased is 4B0 906 018.

My car does not have any esp so am i right in presuming that the only difference between these ecus is that one is auto and the other is not?
Am i also right in thinking that i need to recode the new ecu with vcds?

I have also read that north american audis did not have any immo before 2001 is this the same for euro Audis?
can any one confirm weather i have an immo and if i will have to disable the immo in the new ecu before i am able to recode it to auto?

Many thanks for taking the time to read my intro.

wes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: