Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S3 1.8T GT30 is running terrible  (Read 4059 times)
svn

« on: June 24, 2014, 08:01:52 AM »

Hey,

first of all i want to apologize in advance if my english is bad and it's hard to understand what it want Wink

A friend of mine recently bought a S3 1.8T with GT30 conversion and that thing is running terrible.
As he bought the car there was a boost controller installed wich allowed him to run 1.3bar to 1.8bar boost, at 1.8bar the EGT went up to 1200°C at Lambda 0.7 after a few seconds of WOT (The car has EGT and Lambda/AFR Display)

As i saw this i suggested to throw out that boost controller at first and reconnect the N75.
With the N75 connected the boost goes up to ~1.4 or 1.5bar and then its dropping boost and bopping sounds come from the exhaust, the boost is fluctuating and it feels like the car is constantly switching between accelerating and decelerating. EGT is fine now at ~850°C max.

The misfire count is at zero all the time, same with timing retardation.

I pulled the File from the ECU and wondered if anyone could take a quick look at it and can say if it's a clear problem with the file or something hardware related so he doesnt have to spend a lot of money for a remap when there is actually a hardware fault. (I don't know who made the tune, the previous owner said that some guy he knows made the file)

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 03:48:36 AM by svn » Logged

Just because you can't understand something, it doesn't mean it's wrong.
adam-

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 10:51:36 AM »

Throttle cut.
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 11:36:06 AM »

n75 duty cycle needs to be adjusted

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: